Wall Decor Ideas - Interior Decorating - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Interior Decorating

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Dullflip
  • 1 Post By de-nagorg

Old 06-24-2016, 03:49 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 22

Wall decor ideas

Other than putting an accent chair in corner and wall mounting TV what inexpensive wall decor ideas do people have? We have pictures and gallery walls everywhere and wanted to do something different on this wall (the key is inexpensive)
Attached Thumbnails
Wall decor ideas-living-room-pic.jpg  
TapestryTroy likes this.
Dullflip is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dullflip For This Useful Post:
TapestryTroy (09-13-2016)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2016, 04:42 AM   #2
JUSTA MEMBER

Rewards Points: 2,204

Re: Wall decor ideas

Rental or owned?

Paint ball gun loaded with multi-colored ammo.

Have saw one where the owner took many different types of scrap wood cuts, and glued them to a wall in a pattern that she liked.

ED
TapestryTroy likes this.
de-nagorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2016, 08:57 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 6

Paint a striped, checked, diagonal or diamond pattern on the wall using same paint color only in a different finish (if the current paint is flat finish, use semi-gloss). Cost is minimal-paint and some painters tape.
my2centsworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2016, 07:02 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dullflip View Post
Other than putting an accent chair in corner and wall mounting TV what inexpensive wall decor ideas do people have? We have pictures and gallery walls everywhere and wanted to do something different on this wall (the key is inexpensive)

I agree with mytwocents. My daughter did a chevron wall in her house just as described with the two different finishes of same color and it turned out so fantastic, it looks classy no loud bright "OMG" when you walk in but just a nice accent to her wall. I was very impressed, of course she is way craftier and imaginative the her mother lol
Jharmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 07:14 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2centsworth View Post
Paint a striped, checked, diagonal or diamond pattern on the wall using same paint color only in a different finish (if the current paint is flat finish, use semi-gloss). Cost is minimal-paint and some painters tape.

Diamond patterns are my favorite, I absolutely love. I had someone paint my hutch in the harlequin pattern like the MacKenzies Child furniture, if I was rich or talented enough my whole house would be done just like those magazines lol
Jharmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 05:01 AM   #6

Rewards Points: 10

Tapestries are fantastic if you're into that kinda thing. Not to everyone's taste!
TapestryTroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 10:22 AM   #7

Rewards Points: 29

To expand on TapestyTroy I like to use fabrics or richly marbled paper as art framed with some inexpensive trim molding. Wall 'sticky's' are popular right now and I'm favoring Moroccan trellis style. (See example of trellis style in a rug below). Add an area rug with additional colors - can't see the sofa - maybe some pillows or a pouf for the floor. Layer - grab a throw or blanket for the back of the sofa. I'm also big on your blue-white décor - classic! I like the white bowl on the sofa table, expand on it. Maybe a couple inexpensive lanterns with tea lights (real candles or battery operated LED). Complimentary colors - yellow/soft green or go big and bold - cranberry/burgundy/black. Small odd number of items grouped - not stiffly lined up. Maybe 3 items of varying heights and textures.
AvalonGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 10:55 AM   #8

Rewards Points: 10

Looks really good, would definitely go for something along those lines!
TapestryTroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 06:19 AM   #9

Rewards Points: 8

You could always try a little graffiti, you don't have to be super arty or creative and produce a huge, really detailed mural on your wall. You could just create a simple stencil that you could use to create a repeating pattern all over the wall, flowers, stars, even just circles, you could do anything in any colour. Spray paint is great, it gives you a lot of control and there are so many colours, I try and spray paint anything I can when I upcycle some old furniture or redecorate a wall. I get all of my spray paints from http://www.alfresh.co/, they stock some really great brands (Montana, loop etc.) and they carry every colour you could imagine. Lots of different finishes too, metallic, glow in the dark, chalk - there are so many possibilities with spray paint!
EllieHardman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement