Shower Panel Vs Regular Shower - Interior Decorating - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Interior Decorating

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Old Thomas
  • 1 Post By MTN REMODEL LLC

Old 12-23-2019, 04:50 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 58

Shower panel vs regular shower

We are building a big shower in our master bathroom. I was looking a shower panels at sweetbathroom.com. What is superior? A shower panel or just a shower head? I guess favorite?
Anybody out there have a shower panel? Do you like it? I've only tried just regular shower heads.
barnettnce is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2019, 07:37 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,784

Re: Shower panel vs regular shower

While doing a full remodel, at our beach house, to bare studs, I plumbed for a fixed shower head, and a separate slide bar shower head with a shut off for each, so either one or both can be use. Like the set up a lot.

Also picked up a shower panel that has a fixed head, a extra head, and a couple body sprays for use with the outdoor shower. Like it a lot as well.
ktkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2019, 11:31 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 1,688

I have ceramic tile with a shower head. I removed the restrictor in the handle set and the shower head, so it puts out enough water to make an environmentalist cringe. No more drool shower for me. My wife tried it out and was saying, “ Oh my God” so I checked to see if she was alone in there. It was the water volume.
MTN REMODEL LLC likes this.
Old Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2019, 11:55 PM   #4
Remodel and New Build GC

Rewards Points: 1,108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Thomas View Post
I have ceramic tile with a shower head. I removed the restrictor in the handle set and the shower head, so it puts out enough water to make an environmentalist cringe. No more drool shower for me. My wife tried it out and was saying, “ Oh my God” so I checked to see if she was alone in there. It was the water volume.
OLDT.... I might of had a few drinks tonight, but that was funny....
SPS-1 likes this.
Old 12-24-2019, 11:58 PM   #5
Remodel and New Build GC

Rewards Points: 1,108

For our own place, I like to simply plumb in two shower heads, with just a manual shutoff on one.

But for resales, I will install the panel....looks sharp and people seem to like it...I think it is a worth while upgrade.
Old 12-27-2019, 02:27 AM   #6

Rewards Points: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnettnce View Post
We are building a big shower in our master bathroom. I was looking a shower panels at sweetbathroom.com. What is superior? A shower panel or just a shower head? I guess favorite?
Anybody out there have a shower panel? Do you like it? I've only tried just regular shower heads.

Your quote is very interesting.
Connell Nichola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 02:27 PM   #7

Rewards Points: 1,364

I dislike the panel type of head or "rainfall" type as they are often termed. If the pipe comes out of the wall instead of down from the ceiling it is easy to change the shower head later.
For my own master bath I bought a complete assembly by Delta with a flow diverterirector valve and hand held shower and three jets and then replaced the shower head for one from Grohe.

Important with a shower to pay the extra bucks to get a pressure balance rough in valve. With these valves if someone flushed a toilet the valve will maintain the balance of hot and cold water. The Grohe have a cartridge design that is easy to replace in the future and save on plumber labor costs.

I have also found that I can get the water temp at the shower head much faster with this type of valve. While having the plumber install one for the master bath shower I also had him replace the valve in the guest bath shower as well.
Calson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 09:19 AM   #8

Rewards Points: 2

I think shower head is perfect in your case since it's not taking too much space, so you can profit the rest of the bathroom
YoussraVlogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 12:41 PM   #9

Rewards Points: 156

Quote:
so you can profit the rest of the bathroom
What does that mean anyway? What nonsense.
Roxygal is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement