Help With Accessories - Interior Decorating - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Interior Decorating

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-12-2019, 09:52 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 2

Help with Accessories

Hi - I recently purchased new lighting & tables for my den. I am stuck now on what pillows and window treatments I would need to pull the room together. I'm kind of going for a coastal glam look if possible. I have a couple cream furry throws that I haven't put out yet. I need pillow & window treatment ideas! Thank you in advance!
Attached Thumbnails
Help with Accessories-frombrhallway.jpg   Help with Accessories-fromfronthallway.jpg   Help with Accessories-fromcoffeetable.jpg  
JHJ9788 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2019, 05:58 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 18

Re: Help with Accessories

The room looks lovely! I'd hang a simple white drape that has a neutral-colored tape along the inside edge , mounted high on the sides of the windows (at least two panels per side).
Leopard2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2019, 05:46 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 14

The room is really very beautiful. Well, I want to share some points. These points are very helpful for you to choose perfect accessories:
Decide what you are looking for - Think about your vision before you jump in and start making decisions.
Form & function - How do you want the window to be tailored and modern? Do you want unique window designs? Want to control your shades with remote?
Your answer to all these questions will ultimately guide you to the window treatments that truly reflect your needs, style, etc.
If your window treatment involves a pattern, pair it with a solid color found within the pattern. An expert designer will be very helpful for you to choose the best design.
Appropriate lighting arrangement - Light not only illuminates the room but also further enriches the interior decoration to the next level. So, it is advised you to choose a proper lighting system for enhancing your room design.
Go for expert advice - Decoration is not an easy task. It is very important to consult an expert to gain a thorough knowledge of different colors and layout patterns that are quite essential for an attractive room.

I will recommend you to go with Stiely Design. They are very popular for their high-quality interior design services.
Thanks
davidnichole is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2019, 10:25 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 12

Try to apply the home accessories given below:
- Firstly, decide what kind of home decor you gonna do.
- Then, match the curtains with the walls of the color.
- Adjust sofa at the center of the room.
- Table and Chairs, etc.
Markhennry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 10:20 AM   #5

Rewards Points: 62

Beautiful home! My house has a coastal vibe too. Ikea has beautiful white drapes at a great price. I have them all over my house. I love the quality, they aren't super thin looking, like most white drapes. I even have them in my dining room. I was worried about them getting dirty, but they wash really well.

As far as accessories, I really stay away from buying things just to buy things. If you are in a store and you see something that calls to your heart, and you have a location in your home for it, then great. But your home seems well appointed already! However, I am very minimal in my design preferences. Some people love that cluttered look, surrounded by many things they love to look at! And that's fantastic too
Victoriamae83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 10:40 AM   #6

Rewards Points: 6
Lightbulb

Choose pillow fabric that is in the style of the room. For example, a two-toned geometric print belongs in a modern room with minimalist, linear blinds. It would look out of place next to the layered swag treatments of a traditional interior --where velvet pillows would be more appropriate. Contemporary drapery treatments are frequently lacking in pattern but strong on texture; corduroy, heavily-slubbed natural silk and pre-washed linen suit this decor style. Stay as close as possible to the true colors of the color scheme. If the blue is sky-blue, don't add green-blue to the mix, for example. Your carry-around palette of paint chips will help you make the right choices. Do you use skylights in your home?
I've reviewed a lot of skylights reviews. I really liked the way they looked.😊
janicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 10:06 PM   #7

Rewards Points: 12

The room looks nice! I think, that it's good there is not so much decor. I believe white color will fit the style of your room, so, white pillows will look well there.
Alexsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 11:33 PM   #8

Rewards Points: 6

Hi! Interesting design... ...you can try to add light warm tones and bright accents...
as here
Racefurniture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 09:23 AM   #9

Rewards Points: 4

I think get rid of the blinds and add white linen curtain panels. Do the toss pillows on sofas and chairs in a solid kiwi green.
Wintergray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 09:26 AM   #10

Rewards Points: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergray View Post
I think get rid of the blinds and add white linen curtain panels. Do the toss pillows on sofas and chairs in a solid kiwi green.
Maybe add a kiwi green fruit bowl on the dining table.
Wintergray is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement