Freedom Rail For My Closets? Pros Con's?? - Interior Decorating - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Interior Decorating

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-07-2017, 01:59 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 208

Freedom Rail for my closets? Pros Con's??

I'm still trying to figure out what to do with the closets in my new home and I came across something online called "freedom rail". I've never used anything like it, but it's similar to other closet organizers and it's priced cheaper than ikea stuff.

Basically there is a long metal strip that goes across the top and 2 rails down the side that you attach brackets to and then put shelves etc on top. Seems to be about the same costs of buying the same parts in wood, but with all the flexibility of mounting cabinets, clothes hanging brackets, and other items anywhere along the line of the rails and more importantly it's easy to mount a row on top and a row on bottom to maximize space.
LGHTme is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2017, 11:47 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,776

Re: Freedom Rail for my closets? Pros Con's??

For that price, I'd rather have a beautiful armoire!
Nik333 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2017, 12:58 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 208

I'm actually looking to do something like this, but with 2 really long clothes racks and no cabinets between them.

LGHTme is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2018, 05:53 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 12

Hello, hope it's not too late for this. But investing in closets is always welcome.

I am not sure about that freedom rail, but I always suggest people to opt for built in wardrobes. Last year, I tried built in wardrobes from Brisbane and I was not disappointed. So if there is a chance for you to do the same, go for it. If you still haven't figured out the cabinets for this closet of yours, maybe you don't even need them. Just consider a few more shelves and leave the clothes as part of the design.
UforUserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement