Any Ideas For Decorating Children's Room? - Interior Decorating - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Interior Decorating

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-01-2015, 06:10 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 6

Any ideas for decorating children's room?

I have renovated my house and now looking for some good interior designs. I have done the living room design, but no idea to design my daughter's bedroom. She has lots of toys and I've no idea where to keep that all. Can anyone help me with that? Any ideas are much appreciated.
fay34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2015, 12:22 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 14

Just do a Google image search you will get a wide range of ideas from there.
rahulahuja2685 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2015, 03:10 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 6,652

If you plan on moving sometime in the near future, go with a color that is easy to cover with a Neutral color.

If you plan on living there until she graduates. Make it so if she decides later that she wants a non-girl looking room. Paint it with a color you can go either way.

We painted my son's room "Banana" at first. His Junior year of h.s. he painted two walls Bears Orange, the other two Bears Blue. Hung up Blue drapes that are able to darken his room, that you need a flashlight, if you cannot find the ceiling fan/light remote.

The darkening drapes were put up, because he gets really bad migraines.

As for the toys. Go through and find the broken ones and toss into a trash bag to put into recycling. Toys she has not played with in a while, put them in a Large Plastic Tub.

When she gets bored with those toys she is left with. Rotate them out with the stored ones.

The ones that are no longer age specific, mark for a Garage sale, same as any clothing and bedding items.

gregzoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-04-2015, 11:21 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 402

When it comes to decorating your kid’s room, especially for your little princess, you need to be more careful. For this you can divide your task in three steps, i.e. planning, painting and storage options. Start with planning, what all she need in her room, like study table, bed, couch, etc. Paint is an important part, don’t miss it. Though it depends on her choice, yet girls are attracted towards light and bright colors. This never means you have to go for pink! At last, make sure you provide her proper storage solutions to keep her things in order.
fortunerestore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 09:19 PM   #5

Location: https://www.etsy.com/shop/mangovectors?ref=search_shop_redirect
Rewards Points: 2

Decorating Ideas

Try Pinterest or Houzz for great interior decorating ideas with lots of pictures!

Last edited by beenthere; 07-08-2015 at 03:36 PM. Reason: Removed self advertising
mangovectors is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mangovectors For This Useful Post:
Gymschu (07-09-2015)
Old 07-08-2015, 12:56 PM   #6

Rewards Points: 88

A few years ago I painted the one wall in my girls' room with blackboard paint. The best thing I ever did! They loved it. Spent hours creating art works on there..
thediyhubby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to thediyhubby For This Useful Post:
Nik333 (02-04-2016)
Old 07-08-2015, 03:37 PM   #7
An old Tradesmen

Rewards Points: 8,838

@mangovectors

Please purchase your advertising.
MT Stringer (07-08-2015)
Old 07-09-2015, 06:32 AM   #8

Rewards Points: 56

Re: Any ideas for decorating children's room?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fay34 View Post
I have renovated my house and now looking for some good interior designs. I have done the living room design, but no idea to design my daughter's bedroom. She has lots of toys and I've no idea where to keep that all. Can anyone help me with that? Any ideas are much appreciated.
Hi,

There can be thousands of ideas for decorating your kid's room:

1.) You can put a rack which has different columns to keep their stuff organized.

2.) Good and soothing wall colours can make the room more attractive.

3.) You can use chalkboard paint with any choice of colour.

4.) One can use picture frames, there come different types of frames which can change the banal look of a room in attractive and lively place.

Today, you can also use picture frames without mats which are available in different materials and designs. Either you can use multiple picture frames or you can also try large picture frames.

5.) With a little money & creative ideas, you can transform your child's room into something magical.

6.) Include different kinds of lighting in your kid's room. This will add to the overall beauty of the room.

I am posting some photographs which will help you understand my point. Although, you can get all this stuff on Google but still I am providing you info here:

Last edited by Lena Sterling; 07-09-2015 at 06:55 AM.
Lena Sterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 03:50 PM   #9

Rewards Points: 770

pinterest and houzz are your friends!!!
harpua728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 03:52 PM   #10

Rewards Points: 8

You can make a big carton strong box and paint it or stick cartoon characters. Inside this box you can store all your daughter's toys.
It will be interesting for her and may fit into the interior.
DickDock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 10:18 AM   #11

Rewards Points: 10

Toy boxes can make an excellent choice. There's so many different types available to buy. Not only do they provide a practical solution. But they also make a great place for a kid to sit. My Son loves to put his shoes on while sitting there before going out.
ImAbsorbed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 09:51 PM   #12

Rewards Points: 6

try not to do a very pink or princessy theme in the room. kids' taste in decor change drastically on an annual or even monthly basis.
grey and turquoise tones are very clean and in right now, and accessorizing with yellow can brighten up the room.
you can also have a wall paper on a major wall in the room, and you can pick that depending on ur daughter's age.. something animal or alphabet/number theme if she is a toddler for instance, or maybe a damask if she is a little older.
as for the toys, I am currently in your shoes, and the battle of the toys is never ending for me! What i find works best, is clear storage drawer units that will fit in her closet. also a bench with storage under the seat, and beds that come with drawers on the sides. i dont think you can have too much storage when you have children!
make conscience decisions when it comes to decorating. you are constantly looking to add value to ur house.. so painting a room bright pink may please ur daughter for the interim, but will be an eye sore! but get her involved in accessorizing the room.. picking out the bedding, any art work or mirrors, etc.. this sense or involvement is very rewarding for children
good luck in ur reno! if u need anymore help, please let me know. i have some design background and may be able to help you further
Le Caire Linens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 02:34 PM   #13

Rewards Points: 2

those look great
zeekhoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 11:01 AM   #14
Sippin' Tea

Rewards Points: 110

I would think like something like this great for a childs room!

Last edited by beenthere; 10-26-2015 at 03:41 PM. Reason: removed link to his website
Sdyess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 03:37 PM   #15

Rewards Points: 10

I have seen some nice boxes at Ikea for kids room and those boxes can be used for sitting arrangement as well
Straightup is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement