Vinyl Flooring Peeling - Flooring - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-09-2018, 09:20 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 172

Vinyl Flooring Peeling

I installed new peel and stick vinyl flooring over luan under lament back in spring in preparation of selling the house.

The house is unoccupied so i make regular checkups and on previous visits i had noticed the flooring was starting to look like its coming up. After another month passes i do my walk through and a lot of the flooring has completely separated from floor. It's got me baffled.

When i install flooring i had to remove the pervious flooring which was a engineered floating click lock wooden planks. After i removed planks and under lament the floor was swept and vacuumed. I applied a commercial grade flooring adhesive with paint roller allowing glue to get tacky before laying planks. While laying planks if one was miss placed if was hard to peel plank up to reposition. I didn't roll flooring out because it seemed to be laying down as it should. Now 3 months later it can all be removed by hand with very little effort if not effortlessly. I'm really at a total loss on what has happened?

Back Story
The same flooring was install a year before. The first application was put down after renters had let dogs ruin the original plank flooring. No extra glue was used when it was install only used the peel and stick glue. That flooring shrank more than it should have, but i didn't remove it because i decided to sale house. By this time other flooring has showing more damage from dogs so to help sale the property i replaced wood planks with the same peel and stick as before that shrank. This time i applied extra adhesive to hopefully prevent shrinkage.
So anyone have any what happened to make vinyl planking peel? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

The second question would be. Can any one give me a way to make the peeling flooring be reapplied without it peeling. The reason i want to go this route over a new flooring is the I would have to change out 2000sq ft of whole house instead of the half that came loose.
jburd964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement