VCT Tile Sealer And Maintenance For Salon Floor - Flooring - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-10-2014, 09:18 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

VCT tile sealer and maintenance for salon floor

I own a salon and the floors look terrible right now. The man that was cleaning them never used a sealer but a finisher only and only one coat. Needless to say,they yellowed, they are color stained and they scratched very easy. I'm going to use a stripper on them.. but I assume I won't need anything too strong as there was only one coat of finish on them. (Any suggestions?)
But I want to seal them and if needed, I'll apply a finish also.I was recommended Buckeye First Down but I can't find it local. Wisconsin...I also was recommended Johnson Wax Technique but ironically I live only a few miles from their factory and I can't find Technique either,only their multi-floor sealer. Is it the same thing?
I'd like a shinier finish but not too shiney as our floor does get wet spots from hair, but not standing water and I don't want it slippery but I assume shinier the better for hairspray build up.??
Will I still need to use a finish? Suggestions? Can it be used right after the sealer dries or do I have to wait a day or so? And what about daily or weekly washing? Hopefully color stains won't soak in so easily.
My salon is only 650 sq feet so I'm tired of paying huge expenses when I know I can do this myself and do it right with the proper supplies.I do have a professional floor machine to use from my landlord. I have to get the right pads though. I looked into replacing the floor but that isn't an option right now. I appreciate any help I can get!
cb8857 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
floor sealer cleaner tile