Terrazzo Floor Removal HELP! - Flooring - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-22-2016, 09:55 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 2

Terrazzo Floor Removal HELP!

Does anyone have any experience removing a terrazzo floor or any advice for me on the best way to tackle this project? I just purchased a house that has an 18'x15' room with terrazzo under wood flooring. There is a transition of about 1/2' to 3/4' into this room. I'd like the wood floor to be level throughout the house but don't want to build up the floor in the rest of the house to match this room. Do you think there is a concrete slab under the terrazzo? My GC seems to think so. However, my GC and also wood floor installer don't want to tackle the project. Any advice you can provide will be appreciated.

Thanks!
Ucfpirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2016, 09:46 AM   #2
Tileguy

Rewards Points: 780

The terrazzo itself is probably min. " thick. It should be very simple to figure out what's under it. It's probably the same as the rest of the house. Any way to keep it, what type of wood flooring are you installing in this room and the rest of the house.

Jaz

MARBLE from ITALY & GREECE -PERLATO-PERLATINO-BOTTICINO-THASSOS-SIVEC-VOLAKAS-CALACATTA- NAXOS-Slabs-Tiles-Custom containers shipped to you - [email protected]
JazMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement