Place To Buy Small Qty Of LVP? - Flooring - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-07-2019, 10:38 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 442

Place to buy small qty of LVP?

I have a small bathroom that I am planning to install LVP in. At only 40 sqft, I barely need 2 boxes of LVP and 32" of transition molding (reducer in my case). But if I want a top quality name brand (My wife really likes CoreTec's Cardinal Stone), I can only find it through local distributors that charge $50 delivery fees and only offer the transition strips in 8ft lengths for ~$60. I looked online but everywhere I found has the same fees or at least a 5 box minimum.

Is there anywhere to buy only a couple boxes and a shorter length of molding? It's like I need what some larger job just has left over.
clawlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2019, 04:54 AM   #2
Naildriver

Rewards Points: 2,958

Re: Place to buy small qty of LVP?

There are many retailers in Atlanta where you can buy this product. Not sure why you have to order anything in a city like that. https://coretecfloors.com/en-us/reso...225:s#section4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2019, 07:35 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandler48 View Post
There are many retailers in Atlanta where you can buy this product. Not sure why you have to order anything in a city like that. https://coretecfloors.com/en-us/reso...225:s#section4
What I'm saying, is that the few stores that I stopped in that carry CoreTec, charge $50 flat fee to get the product from their warehouse/distributor to their store where you can pick it up. So for only 2 boxes of flooring, that $50 is a high percentage of the total cost. It wouldn't be a big deal if I was buying 1500 sqft of flooring, but I need 40 sqft. Also, I only need 32" of transition molding, but they only offer the full length 8ft strips for $60.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2019, 09:17 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 226

Sometimes you need to pay to play if you want something specific that is special order. Have you asked your flooring store what they have that doesn't have a delivery charge? or is that just built into their business model? I haven't heard of that before, but I haven't gone to those types of stores.

I'm not a flooring professional, I'm looking at LVP right now and trying to decide what to go with. In my area, they just opened a Floor and Decor which is a flooring store that is huge and has a lot of LVP in stock to take home that day.

The transition strip is a sunk cost, they likely only come in 8' strips. Another option would be to buy a wood transition strip at home depot and just not nail it to the LVP. But that would involve finishing work. etc.

Home Depot generally will special order items without a delivery fee as well if you pick up in store.

IMHO, if it were me, and I decided on something specific that I wanted I'd likely pay the $110 to get the decision done and move on.

Last edited by Spyder; 03-08-2019 at 09:21 AM.
Spyder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Spyder For This Useful Post:
clawlan (03-08-2019)
Old 03-08-2019, 04:12 PM   #5
Naildriver

Rewards Points: 2,958

I arbitrarily entered 30048 as a zip code and 13 retailers emerged. I know you said you checked a "few" of them. Maybe expanding your search will bring one that doesn't charge the transfer fee.

The old adage if you want a blue eyed, red haired, call girl wearing black tights, green shoes and a purple top, you can find it in Atlanta
Old 03-08-2019, 05:01 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandler48 View Post
I arbitrarily entered 30048 as a zip code and 13 retailers emerged. I know you said you checked a "few" of them. Maybe expanding your search will bring one that doesn't charge the transfer fee.

The old adage if you want a blue eyed, red haired, call girl wearing black tights, green shoes and a purple top, you can find it in Atlanta
Yea, i finally found one that had a good cash & carry price and no delivery fee. Thanks all for the advice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement