OSB Flooring In Sun Room - Flooring - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-25-2016, 09:56 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 62

OSB Flooring in Sun Room

Hi all,

I pulled up the carpet in a sun room that we have off the back of the house. I believe that the sun room used to be a deck that was later finished to be part of the living space, complete with heat and air conditioning. I was pretty stupid and thought I'd save money and let that room get cold and close it off, and now the room has a chemical smell to it. The best I could determine was that the smell was coming from the floor, so I took off the carpets. I can now see the OSB flooring, and the chemical smell appears to be coming from those. I suspect that the glue is producing this smell, perhaps because of the temperature changes I let the room go through in the winter time getting warm during the day in the sun and then cold at night, and I'm not sure what to do. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do with this kind of thing? Can I seal the OSB board with a chemical, or would that make things worse in the long run and encourage mold growth under the sun room (the sun room is off the ground about 1.5 feet, and there is crushed stone underneath it)? The chemical smell is obnoxious.

-TheSrProgrammer
TheSrProgrammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement