Mannington Sobella Query - Flooring - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-02-2014, 05:19 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Mannington Sobella query

Was set to install Armstrong Alterna tile in a large living room (40 ft x 35 ft) then 'bang' - job transfer out of area. So backing up, not wanting to spend the higher $ the Alterna demands, but still wanted as maintenance free floor with water resistance/proof as I'll be here yet another half year or more and then sell. Or in a fluke, things reverse and I have to stay longer . . . . jez . . . don't want to even think of that.

Settled in on Mannington's Sobella line. Was eager to stick with their Deluxe or better products thinking a good durability, but can't find a pattern that fits better than one in their Sobella Prime range - the lowest range Sobella with reduced cushioning and a 10 year warranty (vs 12, 15 or better with others).

Tried to find some opinions on this particular lower range product as I'm having fears that this may not be too durable of a product and wrought with issues only a few years down the line (yes . . . I'll be gone, but I'd like something that would garner some degree of satisfaction to a buyer).

This is the product. Incredible for the price how well this particular style looks (compared with others in the Prime which don't look good at all, as well as some of the higher range lines).

http://www.mannington.com/Residentia...ni/SPR051.aspx

I'd appreciate any and all input on this. 'Really' have to get this going along sometime in March/April and again - much as the decision with the Alterna - having difficulty even when I can nail down a pattern that is 'perfect' for the room.

Thanks
Minburn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2014, 07:50 PM   #2
Pro Flooring Installer

Rewards Points: 400

I don't think you will like any vinyl in a LR long term. But Sobella is as good as any fiberglass sheet flooring. If you are going to sell, it will not appeal to very many buyers.
rusty baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement