LVT Or Real Hardwood? - Flooring - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old Today, 12:29 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 4

LVT or real hardwood?

I need help making a decision. I live in a 5 level split. I want all the flooring on the main level to be the same. Currently, I have real hardwood in my living room and office (installed by previous owner), 12" square white contractors grade ceramic tile in foyer, kitchen, dining room, half bath (HATE IT) This is a total of 1200 sq ft. I have tried to match the hardwood, to no avail. I've looked into LVT, but it just doesn't look real to me. I was told I can lay it right over the tile and hardwood, since it would be such a pain to remove 600 sq feet of tile. The tile is laid over backer board. I love the look of a brick floor(those thin bricks) for the kitchen, dining room, bath and foyer, but then I'm back to removing the tile, and still won't have the continuous flooring I'm dreaming of. And I hate transition strips! They're just dirt catchers! I've been told real hardwood is not good in the kitchen. My husband is a chef and a messy one at that! I would appreciate any suggestions as my brain is going to explode!
Vickierand10$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Today, 05:03 AM   #2
Naildriver

Rewards Points: 1,736

Re: LVT or real hardwood?

Matching hardwood will be a task. Removing the tile and backer, laying in new 1/4" backer and tiling with your brick pattern may be a good option. I just don't care for wide grout joints that may be required for brick installation. They are dirt catchers and will stain easily. Post pictures of your flooring and the transition, as it is now so we can see what you see.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement