Layout Of 48" Engineered Planks - Flooring - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-01-2015, 02:12 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 58

layout of 48" engineered planks

I'm installing 5" wide luxury vinyl planking on my kitchen floor (250 s.f.). The planks I'm using are all 48" long. The first eight rows that I am installing are 20' long, i.e. 5 planks exactly. Row 9 differs in that it encounters a mid-floor built-in kitchen island (peninsula to be exact) and will require that planks be cut.

What length plank should I begin row 1 with so that the first 8 rows incorporate a mixture of short and long boards, similar to those that will result in row 9 due to cutting planks to accommodate the mid-floor island?

I know with most rooms you can take the cutoff from the end of each row and begin the next row with it to create edge seams with the proper randomized look. But in my case, I can't do that for the first 8 rows since each row is equal to 5 planks exactly. So what are the ideal arbitrary lengths I should start with for each of the first 8 rows to result in a mixture of long and short boards? I might add that rows 1-8 are in the most visible and used area of the kitchen with a good line-of-sight for anyone walking into the kitchen.

Last edited by infoscout; 09-01-2015 at 02:15 PM.
infoscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
layout , luxury vinyl , planks