Konnecto Flooring - Flooring - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-24-2009, 08:21 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Konnecto Flooring

I was about to install this in my son's house but what I have seen at my work place leads me to offer a caution.

We were recommended Konnecto Flooring by two independent contractors. We had professional installation of about 1500 sq ft. Now, we are in the third attempt, and the floor starts curling up after two weeks. Three times it has been laid down and three times it comes up. Other flooring in the same area has no problems. The sub-floor is dry, the installers took extra time after the first two attempts.

There appears to be an adhesive problem and since the material is made in Korea, it is hard for Konnecto to solve the problem. I love the look, but wish I had never heard of the stuff! If I had done this at my house I'd have been toast.
Elole is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2009, 02:07 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 1,000

Nice first post.
Sorry to say I have not had any problems at all like what you are experiencing.
Even though you will find other issues similiar online, people rarely go online to post great reviews about a product, but EVERYBODY goes online to gripe about a product.
Just like you did with your very first post.

Fact is, Konnecto has great products.

I do however feel bad about your experience...I hope it gets resolved.
Floorwizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2009, 03:00 PM   #3
Pro Flooring Installer

Rewards Points: 908

I have no personal experience with Konecto, but one of the pro boards I am on has flooring inspectors. Not only has there been many complaints, but the company is slow to respond. And many times does not respond at all. Any time a company has that poor a record of response to complaints, I usually advise people to steer clear of it. My local Carpet One, threw their samples in the dumpster.
rusty baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2009, 04:29 PM   #4

Feel free to PM me the company name Rusty,
I know tons of Cpt one's and would look forward to hearing what has been the issue.
Last Cpt one convention I talked to a couple dozen stores who have had excellent results.
Possible bad REP in your neighborhood? Happens to any manufacturer really.
Old 04-25-2009, 08:25 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 75

I've had Konecto in one of my baths for about six months without any problems, and I just put in my second bath. So far it's been a good product for me.

http://www.diychatroom.com/f5/how-in...y-guide-42900/

Last edited by LookoutRanch; 04-25-2009 at 08:27 PM.
LookoutRanch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 11:45 AM   #6
Get out of the box!

Rewards Points: 260

Elole, may I ask you a question or two.

Was the floor acclimated for 48 hours prior to install ?
Was the floor and room tempature consistant with 65-85 degrees ?
Was the floor rolled witha 3lb steel roller while being installed ?
Was the floor rolled with 100lb roller ?
Was the 1/4" proper expansion allowed on all the walls and under the door casings?
Was your floor allowed to sit in a warehouse at the suppliers location for an extended amount of time ?
Proper storage is very important !

We have sold over 500,000 foot of Konecto this year and not had one problem.

I wish all the please customers would come to these boards but they are t busy buying the new interior designs to go with thier new floors.

I also wish that people with issues will confirm thier floor was installed properly. 98% of the failures I have heard about are related to install issues.

Metroflor has put together a program to assist internet customers if they have issues.
If there are any delays it is the fault of the seller or the distributor. it is not the the fault of Konecto.
I am in direct contact with Metroflor's prime suppliers if there is a problem I hear about it first. They are concerned, they have agents surfing the net tracking reports of issues but they are disallowed by contract to contact the end user direct.

If a client has a problem they must go through the retailer that sold them the floor.If you have had dealings with an unsavory retailer you cannot hold Konecto responsible for thier actions.

This is why we offer the best customer service available in the nation and the best install advice you will find.I installed Konecto and perfected a install process that gives you the confidence that your floor will not fail.
You will not get a line of uneducated phone answering drones that have no install knowledge.
Due to the high volume of calls we get, if we miss your call we will call you back.
26yrsinflooring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 01:38 PM   #7
Pro Flooring Installer

Rewards Points: 908

Hugh, always the salesman.
rusty baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 11:38 AM   #8

Quote:
This is why we offer the best customer service available in the nation and the best install advice you will find.I installed Konecto and perfected a install process that gives you the confidence that your floor will not fail.
You will not get a line of uneducated phone answering drones that have no install knowledge.
Due to the high volume of calls we get, if we miss your call we will call you back.
This is not a place to sell people.
Please post good advice and comments as you have been.
But keep the commercials to yourself...unless you would like to pay Nathan for a spot.
Old 04-27-2009, 04:32 PM   #9

We were selling a great deal of Konecto (the largest flooring retailer in the Midwest) but are becoming increasingly skeptical as we have had the same issues you mention. Edges curling after about two weeks. Mannington has verified that this is not installation relatated. I do know that your floor really needs to be as flat as possible, no matter what the manufactuer says.
BrentCos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 05:27 PM   #10

Glue

Konecto says no glue necessary - YET - they make a "repair" glue.

They also have pros on the net with "repair videos".

Hot areas face issues - cold places face issues

concrete floors - wood floors.

Sometimes the adhesive simply is not sufficient on the product.
coloradoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 11:47 AM   #11

Quote:
We were selling a great deal of Konecto (the largest flooring retailer in the Midwest) but are becoming increasingly skeptical as we have had the same issues you mention. Edges curling after about two weeks. Mannington has verified that this is not installation relatated.
What does Mannington have to do with Konecto?
Old 04-29-2009, 11:50 AM   #12

Quote:
Konecto says no glue necessary - YET - they make a "repair" glue.

They also have pros on the net with "repair videos".
I have a Jack in my car too...does that mean that I MAY have to replace my tire once in a while?

uhh...yea....
Old 04-29-2009, 12:16 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorwizard View Post
What does Mannington have to do with Konecto?

Sorry, that's confusing. Our Mannington distruibutor is also our Konecto distributor. So, they have nothing do to with each other. Other than my distributor.
BrentCos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 12:34 PM   #14

Called Konecto

I was considering installing this product in a enclosed entryway porch thats also a sunroom. After reading several posts on the good and bad experiences I went ahead and called Konecto today.

I was told that it must be a temperature controlled room. It cannot get below 65 or above 85. If it's installed in a room that goes above or below these temperatures the warranty is void.

I live in Oregon and my porch does get below freezing at times and also over 100 in the Summers.

I was told by Konecto that they would not honor the warranty if I installed it.

For a company to come out and say that openly I find honorable and I will use the product when I do my kitchen floor. It looks to be a great product if it's used in those temperatures. I'm bummed in a way because it looks to be a simple install I was looking forward to knocking this project out in a weekend and having a beer on my new floor. Now I'm back to tile.
Bruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 07:08 PM   #15

Quote:
Sorry, that's confusing. Our Mannington distruibutor is also our Konecto distributor. So, they have nothing do to with each other. Other than my distributor
I see. Totally understand.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement