Issue With Using Florcraft Pre-mix Patch + Leveler - Flooring - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-01-2014, 04:49 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 14

issue with using florcraft pre-mix patch + leveler

I plan on using peal and stick tile with grout. I put down 1/4 plywood and used what Menards told me to use for patching the seams and nail heads which was Florcraft Pre-mix patch + leveler. I put this down then the second day I sanded the areas. My problem is that it appears to be leaving a sandy type residue that I am not able to completely remove so the tiles end up with the sand particles on it and doesn't stick. I went back to Menards and they told me to use Sentinel Formula 811 Multi-Surface Adhesive Primer. I tried this and even put two coats on but it still seems like there is sand particles and the tile picks that up. I used a shop vac on the floor but these particles seem to stay there. Anything else that would work to make this smooth again?
T7433 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2014, 08:24 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 14

My issue is that this product seems like it doesn't dry, and has a gritty/sandy finish which causes the tile not to stick. Is this suppose to happen or does it take forever to dry.
T7433 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2014, 09:03 PM   #3
Tileguy

Rewards Points: 750

Try a powdered product and leave the pre-mixed stuff on the shelves where they belong.

Jaz

MARBLE from ITALY & GREECE -PERLATO-PERLATINO-BOTTICINO-THASSOS-SIVEC-VOLAKAS-CALACATTA- NAXOS-Slabs-Tiles-Custom containers shipped to you - [email protected]
JazMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement