Engineered Hardwood With SPF Substrate - Flooring - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-27-2018, 03:49 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 24

Engineered hardwood with SPF substrate

Hello,

I'm putting in new hardwood and have chosen engineered as it is going to be in the kitchen and want to avoid as many moisture-related issues as possible.

I'm looking at one made in Canada product for which I can get a pretty good deal. For our budget, it's this or a made in China Fuzion product. Originally I was planning on a ply substrate, but this made in Canada one has a substrate made of SPF stickers perpendicular to the wear layer (the blurb from the brochure is below). I haven't been able to find much info on this substrate method. Does anyone know how it compares to a plywood substrate, particularly in terms of stability? Their brochure shows it having a higher acceptable humidity range than their ply substrate product line. If you've installed it, was the installation ease any different than ply substrate?

The made in Canada product has a much thicker wear layer and is 3/4" compared to the 1/2" for the Fuzion one, so I'd like to go with it, but not if the SPF substrate is inferior to ply.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Engineered hardwood with SPF substrate-spfbase.png  
CmdrTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement