Cracks, Not Square, Etc. - Flooring - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-03-2014, 12:49 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 25

cracks, not square, etc.

Way back when, I layed a floor on someone else's frame job. Never seen something so off. I actually have a pic somewhere (for court), of me holding a string and a tape measure showing the foundation off 7-10 inches from one side to the next- length wise (about 79 ft). Anyway.. when I did the floor I decided it would look "squarer" if I layed it true to the walls and hall and made up the dif in the middle. (compared to having a linear look off from the walls) I don't know if that's what i should've, but it is what it is now.
The Mrs., said she always would have a "rug" over the middle anyway. well, now it has been months without one. see my pics. At install I put wood putty in there. it seems to have worked out. Any ideas? just more putty? I could cut and peice more flooring in there and be real tight this time round, but question starting in the middle like that? anyone know of an epoxy or somethin that might work and I could then try and match to the laminate? any other ideas? dan
Attached Thumbnails
cracks, not square, etc.-photo-2.jpg   cracks, not square, etc.-photo-1.jpg  
sixty7flh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2014, 12:52 PM   #2

after looking at those pics, I musta just pieced those in there, ya know, cut the tongue and grooves off etc.. I wonder if I should just do it tighter?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2014, 01:53 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 17,912

Never should have been done that way.
Going to have remove the flooring until you get to straight rows and just deal with the cuts at the walls.
Laminate can not be glued or nailed to the subfloor and expands and contract so that sections now always going to be messed up due to your cutting it.
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2014, 02:39 PM   #4

I wondered. I am not going to redo all that. i will live with it i guess. all in all it looks real nice. just that area. it is about 23 x 23. thanx dan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement