Coretec Flooring - Flooring - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-13-2017, 03:32 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 2

Coretec flooring

I am trying to install coretec 7inch flooring but even after watching the videos I'm having a really hard time getting it to click in at short ends.

Any tips would be really appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
britney358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2017, 07:17 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 17,912

Re: Coretec flooring

#1, Examine every single piece for damage, cut out flaws with a utility knife.
Here's what works for me, I align the short ends and assemble them first making sure there 100% lined up.
Instead of just trying to set it in place and lowering it to the floor in one pass, I lower than raise it a little getting lower each time until it's flat on the floor.
I assemble a whole row at a time then install it as one long piece using at least two people.
Once again lowering it then, raising working it into the lock.
Once in place and there's 0 gaps I tap over the whole thing with a white rubber mallet, doing that will stop it from trying to lift up off the floor.
If your trying to use the cheap Pergo branded install kit, stop, go buy a Roberts band tapping block and Z bar.
The tapping block is at least twice as big and better built, and the Z bar is thicker, wider, and longer plus has a felt pad to get the metal away from the flooring. I think I got mine at Lowes or HD.
Advertisement