Bamboo Floor Over Plank Subfloor - Flooring - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-08-2014, 11:45 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 166

bamboo floor over plank subfloor

I am about to nail down about 300 sq/ft of 1/2" thick strand woven bamboo flooring in my living room. The room is very square, so that's nice, but the floor dips a little in one corner. I know I need to level that but I'm not totally sure what the best way to to it will be.
The subfloor is 1.75x4 t&g planks perpendicular to 4x14 timber joists spaced a little under 4 feet apart. Besides the small dip in one corner the subfloor is in great shape.

I am presuming I should install the bamboo perpendicular to the subfloor planks. That would make them parallel to the joists. Is this the right way to do the install?
Should I place plywood over the plank subfloor? If so, how thick? I'd prefer to do 1/4" since that would make the floor exactly even with the tile floor next to it, but I think that might be too thin.
dftc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement