Any Suggestions On How To Complete This Subflooring? - Flooring - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-05-2015, 04:11 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 516

Any suggestions on how to complete this subflooring?

Hey All,

We are converting half an old bedroom to a master bath and now down to the subflooring. right now it is split between original 3/4 T&G plank which I chose to keep in place, and eventually 3/4 T&G plywood. I have the biggest piece of 4x8 glued and screwed down and now looking to fill in the blanks so to speak. I would like to put down as whole a piece as possible but need to leave enough room to lock the pieces together. It would be easy enough to plan for a gap along the wall to allow me to do so and fill it in with a strip later... the thing that worries me is leaving a same-size gap in front of the closet. Probably not a huge deal but just not as clean as I'd like.

I have done some blocking already and will likely block w/ a double 2x8 with joist hangers in front of the toilet (seems overkill to do both sides so close to a wall, and a block wall at that). The capped waste pipe is not glued so I can remove to put the floor in. I can do more if needed.

The open few feet at the bottom of the pic will have a tub over it so I'm just going to slap some 3/4 down to cover. The tub itself will cover up to the little shelf in back.

Open to any ideas, and thanks very much for any advice!

giansean is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2015, 06:08 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 18,382

Little late now, but I would have started the floor in the other direction so I could just dropped it in place straight down.
That whole drain pipes going to be in the way now with it sticking up like that.
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2015, 08:31 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 516

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecaption View Post
Little late now, but I would have started the floor in the other direction so I could just dropped it in place straight down.
That whole drain pipes going to be in the way now with it sticking up like that.
Yeah I actually debated doing that but then I'd have a gap on the other edge and didn't have as much opportunity for blocking underneath the wall on the other side. We will be stepping on that side but I expect we won't be stepping behind the toilet much.

Speaking of which, you might have missed the note but the pipe is not glued in. I can pull it off any time.
giansean is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement