DIY Kids Theme - Project Showcase - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Forum > Project Showcase

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-23-2017, 07:02 PM   #1
DAD DIY

Rewards Points: 14

DIY Kids theme

Hi everyone, I would still consider myself still new here and I don't want to cause any redundancies in any post that may have already existed. But I didn't necessarily find any post about DIY aimed towards what my subject matter is. If there already is then I apologize in advance.

Okay so I have always been a DIYer, growing up with not much my parents have always pushed me to create the things I want etc...And my father would bore me to death with electronics, cars, tools you name it (obviously I thank him now ) Now the roles have changed and I'm a father.

I've noticed that my generation is, well, they expect things done for them and many don't know how to do an oil change or hook up a fan etc.... I want to create a place were people in my situation can see that with just some basic tools and a little bit of time you can create pretty cool things for your kids. I have been working on a channel on youtube to demonstrate such thing. Now I know I'm not the first with this idea but I thought the more people out there trying to help the better the chance are to reach out to the younger parents. My videos are around 5mins and are basic. I don't go into too much detail because I want to allow for some creativity on the part of the viewer. (plus the general attention span for my generation is sometimes limited)

I would like this post to help me share my channel but mainly to help share ideas about this type of DIY. A DIY post that we can share our ideas that we have done for our little ones. Toys, Treehouse, Room themes, projects with kids etc.....

I promise I'm not on here just to have people go to my channel, I really want to learn and help if I can. But if you do feel inclined to see my projects then go to {link removed per forum rules}

Have a great day and appreciate that you've read this far
toro514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2017, 10:40 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 18

Re: DIY Kids theme

I like your video toro. I didn't think I would, but I watched the whole thing and I think it's something I'd like to do with my grandkids. They'd love it. I just have to find a store that sells that stuff.

It's nice that you spend time with your son this way.

gma2rjc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gma2rjc For This Useful Post:
toro514 (03-24-2017)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2017, 01:52 PM   #3
DAD DIY

Rewards Points: 14

Re: DIY Kids theme

Hi gma2rjc first of all thanks for checking out my projects! You should definitely give some a try most of my materials are things that you may have around your home and or junk...the rocket bottle one is super easy plus all you really need is some glue, scissors, and bottles. Most of the other stuff you can find at almost any store. Good luck and I'll keep making more project soon.
toro514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement