We have a Whirlpool Duet Washer Model WFW94HEXW2.
About 7 years old.
It has recently developed a ‘squeak’.
The squeak sounds pretty much like a door hinge.
Here are some other facts about the situation:
1. Occurs when the tub is spinning.
2. Doesn’t seem to occur when the tub is spinning fast. Like when it is spinning the water out. Seems to occur at a more moderate speed.
3. Doesn’t happen all the time. That is, some loads will cause a squeak. Others won’t.
4. There is NO ‘grinding’ or ‘rattling’ sound.
5. I can not reproduce the sound with the unit off. I’ve tried spinning the tub by hand in both directions. Moving it as much as possible.
6. No signs of any debris in the rubber gasket at the front.
7. It does seem like there is a lot of ‘play’ in the tub when I grab it and move it around. It is very easy to move it through several inches of travel with minimal effort.