Weird Problem -microwave Turntable Keeps Turning All The Time - Appliances - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Appliances

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-14-2017, 05:45 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 190

Weird problem -microwave turntable keeps turning all the time

I am interested in mechanics and engineering, so I am trying to repair my only 2 year old Kitchenaid microwave/oven combo myself with the help of a friend before calling an appliance repair person.

After I ran a self-cleaning oven cycle, I found the microwave turntable keeps turning even when I open the microwave door. So I turned the breaker to the oven OFF when I'm not using it. I figured it was a switch problem, and I found the microwave interlock switch to be stuck in the ON position. I replaced the microwave interlocking switch, turned the breaker switch back on, and the microwave turntable is still on. I checked the wiring and it seems like the turntable motor might have gone bad. Am I correct to assume the turntable motor has grounded out and keeps turning? Should I replace the microwave turntable motor?

Seems like an odd problem but apparently many people have this issue where the microwave turntable keeps turning even with the oven off and door open. This thing is very hard to work on because I need my friend's dolly/appliance lift anytime I want to work on it because of the weight of the combination.
HouseBuilder328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement