Sump Inlet - When Do You Replace? - Appliances - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Appliances

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-26-2016, 06:50 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 259

Sump inlet - when do you replace?

I have a GE Triton XL dishwasher. I was cleaning the sump filter basket last night and also inspected and cleaned the sump inlet. The sump inlet (which I presume is rubber, feels like it) looks like old rubber - yellow to brown tinge in some areas, sticky/tacky feel on the vertical cylindrical tube.

Does being in an old rubber state warrant replacement? Or do sump inlets survive and function as is?

When I did a search, I read that people replaced their sump inlets because their dishwashers leaked - sump inlets had holes because they were usually eaten by rats/mice. Some had sump inlets that disintegrated/crumbled and clogged spray arms.

We don't have rats/mice but I'm wondering if my sump inlet will eventually go the way of disintegrating by itself. I'm wondering if I should be doing a preemptive replacement or just leave it alone. I'm not very keen on pulling the DW out and tipping it on its side to access the bottom (because I'm a puny girl and so I'm not sure if I can lift/tilt it upright once it's down).
Druidia is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement