Samsung Ref Water Bypass Leaking - Appliances - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Appliances

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-11-2019, 04:33 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 6

Samsung Ref water bypass leaking

It started out when I changed the water filter and water dispensed slowly then stopped altogether. so went on line seen how many people dealing with this same issue. so I decided to change to inline filter and not deal with built in one. my fridge has automatic bypass when filter not installed. so I did the inline filter but bypass started leaking. I wanted to fix myself because I didn't want to spend $150 on new filter housing and in a few years deal with same problem. So after trying a few fixes from internet which none worked for me an idea came to me. what I did was took the water filter head unit off which had the two 1/4 in. water tubes going to it and disconnected them and bought two 1/4 in. quick connect couplers and water tube used for ref water filters and looped the two tubes from head unit.. see photos... also a 5 year inline filter is $33 at Lowes compared to Samsung 6 month filter $45-$50. so after all fixed including inline filter and braided line hose for filter to fridge my cost was under $60.
Attached Thumbnails
Samsung Ref water bypass leaking-20190709_172110.jpg   Samsung Ref water bypass leaking-20190709_173206.jpg   Samsung Ref water bypass leaking-20190709_173209.jpg   Samsung Ref water bypass leaking-20190709_172552.jpg  
ChrisMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2019, 05:08 PM   #2
Remodel and New Build GC

Rewards Points: 1,812

Re: Samsung Ref water bypass leaking

Good idea..... I'm sure I'll maybe likely run into the same problem.

(I'm getting pretty fed up wit Samsung. The dryer went out and i had to fix (little use..less than three years old.)

The french door refer lever just snapped off.... did not come as a replaceable part... so I had to buy a whole new handle. Matter of fact, I just installed it maybe 1/2 hour ago...so I felt like *****ing about Samsung.

Thanks Dr Phil.....

Best

And as an edit, Samsung parts are a biotch to find...I think they must use all propriatary related partners. Thank to the lord, we have Amazon 2 day mailing. But I still do not have a local parts supplier I can ask questions of.

Last edited by MTN REMODEL LLC; 07-11-2019 at 05:11 PM.
MTN REMODEL LLC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MTN REMODEL LLC For This Useful Post:
ChrisMo (07-11-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2019, 05:49 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 6

Re: Samsung Ref water bypass leaking

I know the feeling, things these days are not built to last (all made of plastic!) The way I see it if the item is out of warranty I'll try and fix it because its already broken I can't break it again and to get repairman to come just take a look at it is $75 plus. A couple of years ago my dryer was not heating up and repair company wanted $200 to fix, so I looked up piece I needed (valve Coil) it was on Amazon for $8 so that and 1/2 hour of my time it was fixed. older dryer so no digital stuff and there actually is not much to a dryer.
ChrisMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
samsung water filter , water filter problems