Need A New Gas Range/oven - Appliances - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Appliances

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By jeffmattero76
  • 1 Post By BayouRunner

Old 02-18-2019, 08:15 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 84

Need a new gas range/oven

Ok..............are there any notoriously bad quality top name brands that I should stay away from.........what about the other standard mfg's like
Frigidaire, GE, Jenn-Air, Kenmore, KitchenAid, LG, Samsung, Thermador, Viking, Thor Kitchen, Electrolux, Cosmo, Zline, Bosch, Cafe, Kucth....

Also I don't plan on cooking a gigantic turkey or anything so should be be too concerned about the cu ft size.....the smallest size I see is 4.2 cu ft is that a concern?

I'm thinking about getting the duel fuel

Thor Kitchen 30" HRD3088U or the LG 30" LSD4913ST
Kemper100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2019, 05:19 AM   #2

Re: Need a new gas range/oven

Lets try this again..............I'm looking to replace my existing duel fuel gas range/oven.

Does anyone have any suggestions........$3K budget.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2019, 06:23 PM   #3

No one huh?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2019, 06:26 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 272

Check the Home Depot and Best Buy websites and read the reviews by people who have bought a given model. Also find out what support and service is available.
Friends have bought some exotic brand based on what some restaurant chef thought was good and then found that their stove needed constant maintenance and a service call could take weeks.
If I cooked in a restaurant kitchen making 200 dishes in an evening then I would want a gas range but for my house where I cook for at most 12 people for dinner an electric cooktop makes better use of the space available and is infinitely easier to clean after cooking anything.
Calson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 09:51 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 722

If I had $3k to spend on a new range, and had the space, I'd get me a Thermador.

Ooops. Looks like you'd need more than $3k for the cheapest one. I checked the prices about 10 years ago and there was one that was about $3k. Sorry

https://www.thermador.com/us/product...nges/30-ranges

Last edited by Dave Sal; 04-10-2019 at 09:54 PM.
Dave Sal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 04:14 AM   #6

Rewards Points: 2,030

Wolf and Viking are super reliable, never heard a single complaint about either company on anything they make, not sure if their smaller models are in your budget though.

If Kenmore hasn't stopped making ranges (I think they were acquired by Whirlpool which is also pretty reliable), we've had ours (a Kenmore Elite dual oven w/glass top) for like 20 years and it's still going strong (temps in both ovens are near perfect and the top has handled us and the [not so careful] boys mistreatment very, very well.

I will say that I won't ever buy a GE appliance again. I'd gotten a microwave (GE Profile) that died within a year and they basically said "Sucks to be you... Hey can I interest you in buying a new microwave?" ...

(I'm not a professional, just a homeowner who dabbles in a bit of everything DIY)
Mystriss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 07:42 AM   #7

Rewards Points: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemper100 View Post
Lets try this again..............I'm looking to replace my existing duel fuel gas range/oven.

Does anyone have any suggestions........$3K budget.

Thanks
I would suggest staying away from Frigidaire and it's associated companies. We bought their high end professional series with smudge proof stainless steel. After my wife did the first self-clean cycle of the oven, the walls spread apart such that the racks would fall when any weight was put on them. The three top cast iron grates are not the same level, so you have to lift pots rather than slide them when you need to move them to a different burner. After about two years if fighting with themy over these problems with the range, they finally reimbursed us for the cost of the range, but only after we crucified them on every online platform we could find.

The dishwasher had 2 service calls (under warranty) in the first year because the electronic boardsignature went bad. In the third year (out of warranty) it happened again. I threw out the expensive high end Frigidaire dishwasher and replaced it with a Maytag, which has been great.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk
BayouRunner and Kemper100 like this.
jeffmattero76 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffmattero76 For This Useful Post:
Kemper100 (04-11-2019)
Old 04-11-2019, 08:45 AM   #8

Rewards Points: 472

Need a new gas range/oven

DCS is good as well. They make dual fuel but may be priced higher. I donít know for sure as we fix them but donít sell them. What I like is the simple old school controls. Like Viking and Wolf. And solid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kemper100 likes this.
BayouRunner is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BayouRunner For This Useful Post:
Kemper100 (04-11-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement