Leaking Whirlpool Fridge - Appliances - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Appliances

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By BayouRunner
  • 3 Post By Master Brian

Old 04-08-2019, 03:49 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 944

Leaking Whirlpool Fridge

Our 10yr old Whirlpool Fridge apparently has a few issues.

1st and foremost the ice maker is no longer working because the electric lines where it goes into the cabinet have decided to break. I haven't taken the time to see if any chance of cutting away the grommet/seal to the cabinet and see about fishing a new line or splicing on. To make it worse, I've noticed a bit of ice in bottom of Freezer. Not sure if that was spill over from ice maker issues or if something got spilt inside OR if part of my next issue.

2nd, and the biggest issue is I've been noticing a drip on the right side of the fridge (side by side). It's not all the time, it's just maybe every few days or week(s). I thought maybe it was a hole in water line to water dispenser, but not often enough to make me still think that's culprit. (I know water dispenser water is cooled in fridge portion) I've checked the frost free drain pan underneath and it is dry. Maybe that is the issue, maybe the ice on floor has clogged something? Again, just really started seeing the ice on floor, but maybe it has been forming for a while and has been hidden by the trays.

We will clean it out and see what we find, but figured might start researching if anyone has ideas on where to look beside the ice issue on floor. It's coming along the frame underneath, but doesn't seem to come from the freezer side, so really baffled.

Thanks for anything.
Master Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2019, 07:50 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 1,043

Re: Leaking Whirlpool Fridge

Are you certain it's not just condensation?
huesmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2019, 07:54 AM   #3

I'm not certain of anything, but it started in last few weeks/month maybe. First time I noticed I thought maybe one of the dogs went out if character and hiked a leg or something.

I know it shouldn't happen and is going to ruin my floor and/or cabinet. It'll be dry for days then a puddle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2019, 11:13 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 472

Stopped up defrost drain. Thaw it out then clear drain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yodaman and CodeMatters like this.
BayouRunner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 11:37 AM   #5
Property Mgt/Maint

Rewards Points: 6,080

My maytag started leaking from a blocked defrost drain. After doing some research I learned there was tech bulletin to replace the defrost line with a new slide type of chute. Maytag sent me the part, but it still took me a couple hours to make the change.
Old 04-15-2019, 05:37 AM   #6

Thanks for the help. Finally had time to empty freezer and let it sit and thaw. The drain did appear plugged and I also took the time to repair the wires to the ice maker. So, draining and making ice again.... hope it lasts!
huesmann, jmon and BayouRunner like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement