KitchenAid Ice Maker Not Working - Appliances - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Appliances

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Nealtw
  • 1 Post By SPS-1
  • 1 Post By Druidia

Old 09-13-2019, 03:01 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 154

KitchenAid Ice Maker Not Working

I have a KitchenAid refrigerator, model #KBFS20EVMS. The ice maker has stopped making ice. I have checked the supply line and it's not bent or kinked. I still get water from the water dispenser. The wire shutoff on the ice maker is in the down(on) position. Where do I go from here to start troubleshooting it and repair it? Thanks!
mrlabradog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2019, 04:34 AM   #2
retired framer

Rewards Points: 5,826

Re: KitchenAid Ice Maker Not Working

Here are some basic stuff to look at.
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...2&&FORM=VRDGAR
mrlabradog likes this.
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2019, 04:38 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 58

I have a kitchen aid model # kfxs25ryms2 in getting water at the dispenser but nothing at the ice maker. I’m pondering if it the water valve
barnettnce is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2019, 09:31 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 9,342

You will have separate solenoids for the ice make and the water dispenser. Fair chance the solenoid is bad.
When my icemaker stopped working, I put a small piece of paper on top of the ice mechanism in the freezer. The next morning it had fallen down to the bucket. Tried it again the next day and same result. So I concluded the icemaker was going through the motions, just that it was not getting water.
Nealtw likes this.
SPS-1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 03:11 AM   #5

Rewards Points: 154

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlabradog View Post
I have a KitchenAid refrigerator, model #KBFS20EVMS. The ice maker has stopped making ice. I have checked the supply line and it's not bent or kinked. I still get water from the water dispenser. The wire shutoff on the ice maker is in the down(on) position. Where do I go from here to start troubleshooting it and repair it? Thanks!

Just as a follow-up to this post; I posted this on a Friday and did not have time to attempt any repairs on the ice maker over the weekend. In the 10 days just before it failed, two things happened. We had a hurricane (Dorian) and lost power for a very short amount of time and I also changed the refrigerator's water filter. I'm not sure if either of these issues had anything to do with the problem but by Monday the ice maker produced several small, discolored ice cubes that looked like they had a bit of dirt in them. Once I emptied those out and washed the tray that collects the cubes, it started to gradually increase production and has ran like a champ ever since. I'm wondering if maybe the old filter released dirt into the line when I changed it but I don't know.
mrlabradog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 05:09 AM   #6

Rewards Points: 257

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlabradog View Post
Just as a follow-up to this post; I posted this on a Friday and did not have time to attempt any repairs on the ice maker over the weekend. In the 10 days just before it failed, two things happened. We had a hurricane (Dorian) and lost power for a very short amount of time and I also changed the refrigerator's water filter. I'm not sure if either of these issues had anything to do with the problem but by Monday the ice maker produced several small, discolored ice cubes that looked like they had a bit of dirt in them. Once I emptied those out and washed the tray that collects the cubes, it started to gradually increase production and has ran like a champ ever since. I'm wondering if maybe the old filter released dirt into the line when I changed it but I don't know.

You should also clean the ice maker mold.
mrlabradog likes this.
Druidia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement