Kitchen Aid Superba - Appliances - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Appliances

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-04-2013, 10:50 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 270

Kitchen Aid Superba

I have a 10 year old Superba that was working fine until a few nights ago and now it won't start. I press the on button and the lights light up and close the door, but it won't start. I just replaces the thermal fuse, but that didn't help. Any other things I can change that are under $150? I really don't feel like paying for a new appliance. Thanks
joeg679 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2013, 11:47 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,688

Sometimes connectors/wires can work their way loose from vibrations. It may just be something simple like a loose wire. Go from there. Do you feel comfortable enough taking the control panel off to check? Do you have an owners' manual for it?

The door switch is the biggest wear item. It would cause it not to start. I don't know if that's your problem but it's way less expensive than a control board. They sell rebuild kits for about 15-25 dollars.

Can you post the model number. You can google it or go to repairclinic.com and type in your model number/problem and see what they reccommend. Just a thought.

repairclinic.com

Last edited by jmon; 12-05-2013 at 12:07 AM.
jmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2013, 10:17 AM   #3

Thanks. I actually ordered the thermal fuse from repairclinic and I do feel comfortable taking it apart. I'm going to look for the manual after work and check the connections and also try to find the model #.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2013, 11:36 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 37

I had a relay go bad on the control board on my Kitchen Aid Superba a couple of weeks ago.

Did you put it in service mode? If you open the bottom panel, you will see the service manual pages and it has the combination of buttons to press to put the dw in service mode for troubleshooting. It's something like alternating pressing the hi-temp and engergy mode button 4 times. If the dw doesn't cycle through all the modes (fill water, start wash, dry, rinse) then it may be a control board.

You can remove the control board completely from it's housing and check the back to see if you see any burn marks.

Jay
jay235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 11:42 AM   #5

I don;t have a bottom panel, I have to remove the whole face of the door, on mine
Old 12-05-2013, 11:55 AM   #6

Rewards Points: 37

Try and find the service manual online for your model. Or search for how to reset kitchen aid dishwasher. This is what I found:

Press the "High Temp Scrub" pad and quickly press "Energy Save Dry." Toggle quickly between the two buttons several times until all of the LED lights illuminate. When the LED lights illuminate, release the pads on the control panel.
jay235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 12:05 PM   #7

Thanks!
Old 12-12-2013, 07:44 PM   #8

OK, i changed the thermal fuse and put in a new control board and those didn't work. I looked more closely and realized that the plastic door assembly was broken. There's 2 wires that go to a little junction box with a white pressure switch. That switch is attached to the handle assembly with one screw and when the door is closed a plastic piece hits the pressure switch and it allows the washer to start. My plastic piece was broken wasn't hitting the pressure switch, so I ordered a new assembly on amazon for 35 bucks with shipping. I just installed it and now it works. Thanks for the help guys and I hope this helps others.
The Following User Says Thank You to joeg679 For This Useful Post:
jmon (12-12-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement