FRIDGE Not Dispensing Water - Appliances - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Appliances

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-12-2017, 02:18 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 18

FRIDGE not dispensing water

Hello Forum,
My client has a MAYTAG MFI2569VEM side by side fridge.
Currently water will not dispense and no ice.

SEE ATTACHED PICTURES:

Is the VALVE ACCESSED from INSIDE THE FRIDGE?? There appears to be a panel under the WATER FILTER that looks like it can be removed ? I need a TIP on how to REMOVE THIS ACCESS PANEL (I am concerned that I will break it )

TROUBLESHOOTING I have COMPLETED as of March 12
1) water pressure to fridge is fine.
2) Dispenser controls and door controls appear to work well. (small drip of water did come out) Does not appear to be CONTROL BOARD
3) There is no water filter, so it is not plugged. they are using the bypass part.
Thank you in advance.
zipwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2017, 02:33 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,396

Re: FRIDGE not dispensing water

Welcome to the forum zipwood.

Please click on link and type in your complete model number. You are missing a couple numbers. Check out the part testing and how to videos for your clients fridge.

https://www.repairclinic.com/RepairH...er-not-working
jmon is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2017, 07:00 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 534

Most water valves are in back of frig. Check for voltage while you have someone try to get water at the door. That would rule out control board or switch. Some have valves inside as well but for the most part they are in the back
BayouRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2017, 08:08 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 904

There is a coil of line or reservoir behind the crisper drawers to provide cold water through the dispenser. This line or the lines leading in and out of the compartment can become frozen and halt water flow.

You can disconnect the dispenser line from the solenoid valve to see if you have flow. If the valve appears to work, then it's likely the chiller is frozen.
iamrfixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 01:57 AM   #5

Thank you for the Input. For this specif model, if the valve is accessed from the back it appears I have to take the entire back cover off (please see my album). The two "easy" access covers only show a Drip Tray and the Main Control Panel. That said there is still the question of how to remove the covers inside the fridge under the Water Filter.
Old 03-20-2017, 01:46 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamrfixit View Post
There is a coil of line or reservoir behind the crisper drawers to provide cold water through the dispenser. This line or the lines leading in and out of the compartment can become frozen and halt water flow.

You can disconnect the dispenser line from the solenoid valve to see if you have flow. If the valve appears to work, then it's likely the chiller is frozen.
Thank you! I did access the both the VALVE and RESERVOIR by CAREFULLY using a screwdriver to push in the "snap tabs" that hold the panel on. TIP: Take your time, it would be easy break these tabs!
I could hear the valve trying to operate, and it appears the RESERVOIR may be frozen. I asked the customer to consider unplugging for a day to see if that works to clear the line.

It would be nice to know which exact line is the EXIT from the Solenoid as I do think it is working. Note there are 3 lines. I assume on of the bottom two are the exit (ICE and WATER). NOTE: their is no ICE either and the picture is incorrectly rotated (the TUBES are actual vertical the valve is at the top). Hope this helps people, at least I can see that the valve looks relatively simple to replace.

Last edited by zipwood; 03-20-2017 at 02:06 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement