Broan Bathroom Heater Problem - Appliances - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Appliances

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-11-2013, 10:15 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Broan bathroom heater problem

I have a really strange one here. I have a complete heater assembly for a ceiling mounted broan heater. The fan is ok. This is only the heater side. When I plug it in to test it, it will only work if the blower is blowing upwards, which is the wrong direction. When i flip it over it dies out. All of the wires are in good shape and tight. The blower is spinning freely. What could possibly cause this thing to stop when flipped.
donankat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2013, 04:06 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 1,336

Does it have tilt switch in\on it
danpik is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2013, 04:37 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 18,382

Two web sites and still no model number posted?
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2013, 07:56 AM   #4
custom user

Rewards Points: 1,820

Sounds like a loose electrical connection. You can fiddle around with the wiring (safely) and see if it starts or stops. You can have a break in a wire that looks good.
JasperST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 11:26 AM   #5

Rewards Points: 2,690

Quote:
Originally Posted by donankat View Post
I have a really strange one here. I have a complete heater assembly for a ceiling mounted broan heater. The fan is ok. This is only the heater side. When I plug it in to test it, it will only work if the blower is blowing upwards, which is the wrong direction. When i flip it over it dies out. All of the wires are in good shape and tight. The blower is spinning freely. What could possibly cause this thing to stop when flipped.
Is it less than 90 days old? if so, take it back and get another one. Could be a bad heater element/wire somewhere as already mentioned. Call or go online and ask manufacturer. Have your model number and date of purchase ready, they have very good customer service. They have help me out before. Just a thought. Others will be along shortly with more advice. Thanks.

click here for broans website
jmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 02:51 PM   #6

Rewards Points: 10

It's out of a Broan 659f unit. Can't return it came with house i bought. No tilt switch, besides it only works upside down. Like I said, I can jiggle the wires and nothing happens.
Element has good glow to it. I pulled the motor out of the assembly and now it does't cut out upside down. I'm thinking maybe now that it doesn't have a load on it, no blower wheel, and no element. I don't know. I'm thinking about just ordering another one online but I would be sick if the new one did it too.
donankat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement