How Do I Fix This Driver's Side Door? - Automotive Repairs - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Do It Yourself > Automotive Repairs

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 660catman

Old 10-15-2019, 08:10 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 110

How do I fix this driver's side door?

I have 2 problems with the drivers side door.

1. There is a spring that came out. When I try to put it back in like the other door, the door won't close. You can see that the pin that goes through the hinges is bent/broken (red arrow) on the driver's side door and not on the passenger door. This is usually what one of the pieces of the door rolls against when it's opening/closing. I also attached a picture of the passenger door.

2. The driver's side door panel is loose. It seems as though some of the plastic screws are broken. Do I need to take the whole door panel off and replace these screws?
Attached Thumbnails
How do I fix this driver's side door?-20191015_192223.jpg   How do I fix this driver's side door?-20191015_192233.jpg   How do I fix this driver's side door?-20191015_192324.jpg  
farmerjohn1324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2019, 08:17 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 4

Re: How do I fix this driver's side door?

Your spring popped out as the roller on the bent pin doesnít work anymore. You need to replace that pin/roller first. Door panel clips must line up in holes then you press them in. If clips donít hold you can buy them at auto parts stores. I think Dorman has them.

Retired guy from Southern Manitoba, Canada.
Mike Milam likes this.
660catman is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2019, 09:35 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by 660catman View Post
Your spring popped out as the roller on the bent pin doesn’t work anymore. You need to replace that pin/roller first. Door panel clips must line up in holes then you press them in. If clips don’t hold you can buy them at auto parts stores. I think Dorman has them.

Do you know the proper method of removing that roller/pin?

Looks like I might have to Dremel or grind it out?
farmerjohn1324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2019, 09:56 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 4

Re: How do I fix this driver's side door?

The top of pin is mushroomed to hold it in. Dremel the top and punch it out downwards. I see door pin bushing are shot too so you may want to change them too. Iím sure you can get the parts need at an auto parts store. Door will have to come off to make it easier.

660catman is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement