So Glad I Found You! - New Member Introductions - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Forum > New Member Introductions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Deegie

Old 06-18-2018, 03:30 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 4

So glad I found you!

Hello there!

I am so glad to have found you!

My husband and I recently bought a home out in the country. When I say out in the country... I mean way, way out in the country. Our visits to town to get groceries and other things we need are a monthly trip. We have yet to make many friends other than a few elderly neighbors.

We love our new place and we got a really good buy on it because of the rural location. But there are things that need fixing and we have discovered that it is very, very difficult to get a repair company to drive out here. lol

Lucky for us, my hubby is pretty clever. Unfortunately, he is also disabled. He can do many things but there is much he physically can't do. I am also disabled... in a different way. Between us, we almost make one full person. hahaha. So we have been trying to repair things together.

His father was a master electrician and we are grateful that he learned a great deal from him so the electrical stuff we are pretty comfortable with.

His brother frames in houses and though he lives too far away to help he is a good brain to pick for information when we have questions in those areas.

We do however have some questions about HVAC that we hope to find answers here and also some about septic systems and plumbing.

We thank you all again for gathering together in one place to answer questions and to share knowledge.

We also hope to be able to share from our experiences.

~Deegie
Nealtw likes this.
Deegie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2018, 05:26 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 226

Re: So glad I found you!

Hi Deegie,

Welcome. I hear your pain with regards to living in the wilderness. We too live an hour drive from our nearest town. I know you probably live even more isolated but one hour drive is further than any contractors around here want to travel for work so we too with the help of forums like this one and you tube videos have had to learn how to do things ourselves.

People here are friendly and helpful.

See you around the forum.

Cheers.
OutbackAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2018, 05:39 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 8,054

Re: So glad I found you!

Welcome to the forum Dee. I just have to smile when you and Annie talk about living a long ways from everything, reminds me of the folks here in Maine who live on Islands and get everything by way of a ferry boat with a very variable schedule.

At least in today's times the internet can bridge the gap.

Enjoy
Bud
Bud9051 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement