New To Forum - New Member Introductions - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Forum > New Member Introductions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-25-2013, 12:33 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

New to Forum

I'm going to treat this intro as sort of a resume in my DIY experiences.

I'm a 54yo Man that has almost by myself, completed as much as, "to the studs" remodels. I was pulling wire under houses and into attics as young as 6 (into homes in the Smoky Mountains in East Tennessee, who'd never had electricity), w/my Dad who was an Electrician & actually helped start the IBEW and taught me everything about electrical, plumbing and almost everything about building and remodeling a house.

I grew up in a 9 gable 100+ year old Victorian home that required constant upkeep...and we did it ALL.

I've since bought and sold 14 homes and did most rehab and remodel work on all of them. I worked in the Hotel Industry after college as a "take-over GM", where we basically take over management of a Hotel in trouble, about to lose their franchise, from Days Inns, to Sheraton and I lived on premise overseeing millions in rehabs in 9 different properties all over the country. A LOT LEARNED!!

I've had my real estate license, owned a guttering company and a remodeling company here in Houston. Now I am the HSE Manager for a payroll company that specializes in construction with roughly 18K onsite employees. I Train the Trainers, TRY to keep Employees Safe, handle all worker's compensation issues when they aren't and ensure (to the best of my ability), OSHA Compliance.

I Won't claim to know it all, but I WILL find the answers. I know this site really isn't about Health, Safety & Environmental Compliance, but since we all love DIYing, keeping all our fingers, eyes, ears, etc. to do what we love does make it important.

Now, I'm off to finish painting a vanity cabinet, after finishing the re-plumbing and install new fixtures in the guest bathroom, then install a new ceiling fan & light in the guest bedroom! Enjoy All & Be Safe!!!!
TN TX DIY'r is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2013, 09:01 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 178

Welcome
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2013, 10:10 PM   #3
Retired Moderator

Rewards Points: 7,174

Holy Cow! You have sure had to figure out a lot of fixes over the years!
Join right in----Mike------
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2013, 11:06 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 274

Welcome here
alexjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement