Hello - New Member Introductions - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Forum > New Member Introductions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-17-2015, 10:30 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 18
Hello

Hi everybody,

Thought I would come here and say hello before I get to the meat of my issues. I'm a sailor in the RCN (Royal Canadian Navy) who is trying to finish his basement in between deployments. I'm by no means an expert carpenter, plumber or any other tradesman, however I do think that I'm relatively competent when it comes to home rennos. I have inertia problems with major projects though. Mostly due to my inexperience, I will spend far too much time researching and planning, which is basically my way of putting off the start of projects. I'm hoping this community will help me get over my self doubts and fears and just get the job done.

Oh, I don't know how much I can input to construction projects, but I am a certified Electronics Engineering Technician and I am more than willing to help anybody with electrical / electronic projects so please feel free to ask me about this stuff.

Thanks,

Patrick
Navypat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2015, 11:21 AM   #2
Exterior Construction

Rewards Points: 7,844

Patrick,

Welcome to the forums and thank you for your service.

I am sure you will do a great job as you have already dedicated yourself to learning what you need to know.
Windows on Wash is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2015, 06:39 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 12

I can relate to the inertia problem, big time. I hate to invest time and money into something that should last a long time, only to learn after the fact that I should have done it differently. I always think of the saying "don't let perfection be the enemy of good" and how much getting it "just right" stops me from getting started, getting finished, and moving on to the next thing. Here's to "good enough!" =)
Evan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement