Carrier Infinity Wifi Thermostat Not Working - New Member Introductions - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Forum > New Member Introductions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-14-2017, 08:53 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 2

Carrier Infinity Wifi Thermostat not working

Good morning. I recently installed a Carrier Infinity Wifi thermostat in place of an operating Nest wifi thermostat. The Nest stat was installed 3 years ago replaced an originally installed standard 24v thermostat with simple on/off control. (Not sure why the installer did not install an Infinity non-wifi thermostat at the time) The furnace is a Carrier Infinity installed 4-5 years ago and we wanted the features offered by using a compatible Infinity controller with this Infinity furnace and 1-stage outdoor condensor, namely the low speed idle which would help balance the temperature on each floor. Installation was simple but the new Infinity thermostat will not power up. The conductors are properly aligned to pins A (Green), B (Yellow), C (White), D (Red). There is also a Blue conductor which appears to be a Common. I capped this wire. I am reading 27.3vac between White and Red. My question is whether I may need to rewire at the furnace for a smart stat like the Infinity Wifi stat? The Nest stat shows (see attached photo) Green- fan, Yellow- cool, White- heat, Red- power, Blue- 24V Common. Thank you
Attached Thumbnails
Carrier Infinity Wifi Thermostat not working-20170912_103027.jpg  
Hawkeye481 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement