Notifications Of Activity On Followed Threads - Site Help and Suggestions - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Forum Support > Site Help and Suggestions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-20-2018, 05:59 AM   #1
Collector of tools

Rewards Points: 120

Notifications of Activity on followed threads

Every forum that I have ever used notifies you IN THE SITE that your followed threads have new activity. That would typically look like a red number in the upper right corner with "notifications."

Apparently the only way to be notified of activity on this site is to subscribe to an email alert.

Is that right?
schreibdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2018, 06:11 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 6

Re: Notifications of Activity on followed threads

I use Tapatalk for mobile browsing of forums and it does a good job of notifying me of activities on threads I've subscribed to. There's also a tab for threads I've participated in but am not subscribed to that doesn't generate a push notification. I can't tell you the last time I've actually logged into the website version of any forum to which I belong.
w0j0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2018, 06:46 AM   #3
Collector of tools

Rewards Points: 120

I prefer to use my laptop rather than my phone.

I've never participated in a forum that doesn't notify you on the site that there is activity on your thread.

I feel like I have to be missing something.
schreibdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2018, 02:54 PM   #4
Administrator

Rewards Points: 1,264

Quote:
Originally Posted by schreibdave View Post
Every forum that I have ever used notifies you IN THE SITE that your followed threads have new activity. That would typically look like a red number in the upper right corner with "notifications."

Apparently the only way to be notified of activity on this site is to subscribe to an email alert.

Is that right?
You can also open "subscribed threads" under quick links. Or bookmark this link: https://www.diychatroom.com/subscription.php
-Philip