Forum Pic Question - Site Help and Suggestions - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement


Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Forum Support > Site Help and Suggestions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By beenthere
  • 1 Post By beenthere
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes
Old 03-15-2019, 02:20 PM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 10,233
Rewards Points: 1,466
Default

Forum Pic Question


When using the forum's format to attach pics from a folder I save pics to, does the name of the pic I've titled it in my folder appear on the forum site.

The reason I ask, for - show and tell - I just saved a couple of pics, from the forum I liked, and when I saved them to my folder the names of the pic the original poster named them followed to my folder. Is that normal?
SeniorSitizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-16-2019, 07:16 AM   #2
An old Tradesmen
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 37,822
Rewards Points: 7,444
Default

Re: Forum Pic Question


Yes, its normal.
__________________
When posting in certain forums, knowing your location will help others give better feedback/advice/solutions to your questions.
beenthere is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-16-2019, 08:02 AM   #3
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 10,233
Rewards Points: 1,466
Default

Re: Forum Pic Question


Until the transfers of the 2 pics yesterday, I've never seen that happen before. No privacy? I'm out.
SeniorSitizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-16-2019, 08:49 AM   #4
An old Tradesmen
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 37,822
Rewards Points: 7,444
Default

Re: Forum Pic Question


Quote:
Originally Posted by SeniorSitizen View Post
Until the transfers of the 2 pics yesterday, I've never seen that happen before. No privacy? I'm out.



When a pic is uploaded, it is uploaded with what ever name the person gave it. So when you click to save it/download it, the save list on your computer/device list the name it was uploaded with.


Standard on every forum I'm on.


Were you under the impression that forums automatically renamed pics you or someone else uploads?
Cricket likes this.
__________________
When posting in certain forums, knowing your location will help others give better feedback/advice/solutions to your questions.
beenthere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 08:48 AM   #5
Administrator
 
Cricket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,758
Rewards Points: 2,192
Default

Re: Forum Pic Question


Quote:
Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
When a pic is uploaded, it is uploaded with what ever name the person gave it. So when you click to save it/download it, the save list on your computer/device list the name it was uploaded with.


Standard on every forum I'm on.


Were you under the impression that forums automatically renamed pics you or someone else uploads?
That is 100% correct.
__________________
"Show respect even to people who donít deserve it, not as
a reflection of their character, but as a reflection of yours."
Cricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 10:17 AM   #6
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: MADISON, CT
Posts: 6
Rewards Points: 12
Default

Re: Forum Pic Question


I have read the instructions to upload pictures several times but
1. I have never seen the paperclip. What I see is the image insert which requires a url to a pic.
2. I am new with very few posts is that the reason I cannot post pics?
3. Using Win10 latest version 1903 and chrome browser.

Thank you for your help.
husky1055 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 03:31 AM   #7
An old Tradesmen
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 37,822
Rewards Points: 7,444
Default

Re: Forum Pic Question


Quote:
Originally Posted by husky1055 View Post
I have read the instructions to upload pictures several times but
1. I have never seen the paperclip. What I see is the image insert which requires a url to a pic.
2. I am new with very few posts is that the reason I cannot post pics?
3. Using Win10 latest version 1903 and chrome browser.

Thank you for your help.

I believe you need 7 post before you can post a pic.
husky1055 likes this.
__________________
When posting in certain forums, knowing your location will help others give better feedback/advice/solutions to your questions.
beenthere is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Generator Backfeed Question creekstone Electrical 4 10-26-2015 07:11 PM
Question for Forum admin? Southcross Site Help and Suggestions 2 11-29-2007 02:50 PM




Top of Page | View New Posts