PoppyPapoo - Tools - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Equipment & Safety > Tools

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By de-nagorg
  • 4 Post By Gregsoldtruck79
  • 1 Post By SeniorSitizen
  • 1 Post By SeniorSitizen

Old 10-18-2018, 05:48 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 1,466

PoppyPapoo

Loads big table saw into pickup truck by himself.

SeniorSitizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2018, 10:43 PM   #2
JUSTA MEMBER

Rewards Points: 2,582

Re: PoppyPapoo

Cool.

What I do is to screw 2- 2X4 to a 4X8 sheet of plywood.

Place this assembly against the tailgate, with the 2X4 s down, as a ramp.

Then carry the saw half way up the ramp, and lift the assembly up level, and slide it all into the truck bed.

Tie it down, and away we go.

unload in reverse.

ED
Gregsoldtruck79 likes this.
de-nagorg is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2018, 12:16 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 3,912

Should be able to pick that saw up.

Anyway, just lean the top against the tail gate and pick the other end up by the legs.

No reason for the boards, crates, etc..

Sounds like you made the wife happy.?
ron45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2018, 05:03 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 574

At 66 now, I am a firm believer in letting fulcrum or gravity or a machine do the heavy lifting for me. I still have good arm strength but I worry about my "innards".

What senior men need to remember about lifting heavy is, we may still have the arm and back strength we did just a few years ago. But its our internal organ tissue that has weakened with aging we have to think about.

And this is why IMO, that so many senior men are getting hernias. Their arms have the strength, but their internal organ tissue blows apart from the strain on their inner core, which gets weaker with age. Unless they are 65 -80 year old gym rats working out regularly. (no offence to any senior power lifters reading, its just a slang term for fun)

I am not a gym rat so I work safer now with heavy lifting.
Disclaimer: Any of my replies, advice, product recommendations, or projects that I have done that I post on this forum, are just for informational purposes only. Any reader choosing to use my postings, advice, product recommendations, or choose to duplicate any of my projects for their own use...are doing so at their own risk.

Last edited by Gregsoldtruck79; 10-19-2018 at 05:07 AM.
Gregsoldtruck79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 10:45 AM   #5
Ole Wood Worker

Rewards Points: 1,148

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregsoldtruck79 View Post
At 66 now, I am a firm believer in letting fulcrum or gravity or a machine do the heavy lifting for me. I still have good arm strength but I worry about my "innards".

What senior men need to remember about lifting heavy is, we may still have the arm and back strength we did just a few years ago. But its our internal organ tissue that has weakened with aging we have to think about.

And this is why IMO, that so many senior men are getting hernias. Their arms have the strength, but their internal organ tissue blows apart from the strain on their inner core, which gets weaker with age. Unless they are 65 -80 year old gym rats working out regularly. (no offence to any senior power lifters reading, its just a slang term for fun)

Hadn't thought about that, maybe I need to slack off a little. I do know I can't do a lot of things I use to, like get under a car or truck, that really hurts.

I agree, that fellow didn't need anything to load that saw. All he had to do is lean it toward him a little, walk it toward the truck, hook the tailgate and flip it in. I have loaded my Unisaw like that by myself a time or two. Now my 1957 16 inch 5 HP 220 Dewalt radial arm saw was a different story, that sucker was some kinda heavy. I had to use 2xs for ramps and a rope pully system hooked to the front of the truck bed, to load that alone.

You're never too old to learn something stupid.

If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got.

http://www.woodworkingtalk.com/forum.php

Jim
BigJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 01:14 PM   #6

Rewards Points: 500

I hear ya about the senior men. I hit the gym three times a week. Doc told me I should back off some a few years ago. Anyway about 6 months after he told me to lower my weights I tore my bicep clean off the bone at work. Had surgery and back to normal now but I try to find the young ones to do the lifting now if I can. Looks like he is not straining at all to get it in there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BayouRunner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 01:31 PM   #7

I'll try my best to say " Woopsie Daisy " next time I'm successful loading something of that nature in my truck.
de-nagorg likes this.
Old 10-19-2018, 01:46 PM   #8

Quote:

As we seniors look back we can probably remember some occurrences in our younger life that may be causing a problem as we age. Commonly referred to as a " Potbelly " as thought of as fat accumulation, my doc said that's not the case for me at all. His words were " you have a - Full Umbilical Hernia ". Makes a person wonder if lifting 180# engine heads and torquing 96 head bolts to 600 ft. lbs. was a - hold my beer and watch this - kind of intelligence.
BigJim likes this.
Old 10-29-2018, 10:56 AM   #9

Rewards Points: 1,195

Quote:
At 66 now, I am a firm believer in letting fulcrum or gravity or a machine do the heavy lifting for me. I still have good arm strength but I worry about my "innards". ...I am not a gym rat so I work safer now with heavy lifting.
At 69 I heartily agree! I'm still recovering from rotator cuff surgery and do not want to go through that again.
PPBART is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement