Milwaukee Router - Tools - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Equipment & Safety > Tools

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DexterII

Old 09-15-2020, 02:50 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 72

Milwaukee Router

I have the Milwaukee M18 router and I'm wondering if anyone has found a decent router table that it hooks up to. i saw one on Rockler that looked promising but I thought I would check here first as the DIY Chatroom has never let me down!
maxw72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2020, 07:50 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 174

Re: Milwaukee Router

I am in the process of building a router table/cabinet to replace my old homemade table, so can't share much in the way of firsthand experience with store bought ones, and maybe someone can be more specific, but have looked at quite a range of tables in Rockler, Woodcraft, and other stores, have seen a few MLCS, Grizzly and other tables in friends' shops, and am of the opinion, for whatever that's worth, that for the most part you get what you pay for. By that I mean, say you look at a $350 table, then go to a $450 table and you'll generally be into something that is that much more heavy duty. That's not necessarily to say though that everyone should go for the highest price one because not everyone is looking for the accuracy and repetitiveness that comes with the higher price. And of course some come with lifts, which I have not seen the need for, but for others a lift is an absolute necessity. And then there's table size, which is a little hard to gauge because you don't necessarily realize how essential another inch or two here or there might be until you get into a particular project, but that can be handled with auxiliary work supports.
maxw72 likes this.
DexterII is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement