Dewalt Tool Sets. - Tools - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Equipment & Safety > Tools

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By iamrfixit

Old 04-30-2019, 02:30 PM   #1
retired framer

Rewards Points: 14,572

Dewalt tool sets.

Advertisement

Old 04-30-2019, 03:32 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 1,356

Re: Dewalt tool sets.

I think the basic problem is his false assumption that Xr means brushless. It means eXtended Runtime, whether it is brushed or brushless.

Why would you label a battery as Xr if it meant brushless? Batteries have never had brushes to my knowledge.

I think the only real message is that you need to pay attention to what is in a combo kit. Check the tools by model number to determine what they are, and whether it is acceptable to you or not.

Regardless of the Mfg, they often produce multiple model numbers of a given tool. The one in the combo kit may not be the same as the individual sale tool on the shelf.
Oso954 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2019, 04:27 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 832

That video is a bunch of misleading BS. The XR marking has been used for probably 15+ years. I had XR on my 18v tools long before 20v max or brushless was even introduced. The standard, basic batteries were always all black, the XR batteries had a yellow top and were the extended run time batteries.

If you want brushless tools they are very clearly marked on both the package and the tool. Dewalt has also ALWAYS had a 30 day money back guarantee, if you buy a tool, use it, don't like it or feel it don't live up you simply return it. I've used it and the tool was taken back with no questions asked. Apparently it's easier to make a video and bash on a company because you're too stupid to read.
MTN REMODEL LLC likes this.
iamrfixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2019, 04:41 PM   #4
Framing Contractor

Rewards Points: 42

In the internet age, there is no excuse for such ignorance. You can look up each tool model number and find all the info, reviews, etc. Lots of manufacturers use deceptive marketing to sell their products. I don't see anything out of the ordinary here, that a quick internet search wouldn't answer.
sixeightten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 07:18 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 688

All one has to do is read what is on the box. By law, Dewalt has to disclose the contents of the box and the model numbers. Dewalt may even choose to include the specs on the package but if not, they can be seen in store, or on the web. Dewalt, like most manufacturers, likes to include key features on the front of the package. Like the number of tools, cost savings, key features, number of batteries, etc.. For example, Brush-less is a pretty key feature for a lot power tools. One would think that Dewalt would blazen that across the box. Yet, this idiot points out 5 small XR images listed on some tools and batteries. And he says that is what Dewalt uses for Brush-less. For 31 minutes, he goes and rants on Dewalt for improper practices and lying to consumers. And he has 530K subscribers listening to his spiel. I hope he is not that bad on his other posts.
As a technical writer, I tend to be lengthy in my responses as I want to be accurate.
ktownskier is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement