Chainsaw Stalling At Full Throttle - Tools - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement


Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Equipment & Safety > Tools

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By CodeMatters
  • 1 Post By tripower
  • 1 Post By m_ridzon
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes
Old 07-05-2019, 04:06 PM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 387
Rewards Points: 356
Question

Chainsaw stalling at full throttle


I have a Husqvarna 455 rancher. I just replaced the carb. On cold start the saw goes up to full throttle just fine. Upon warm-up the chainsaw does not allow me to go to full throttle which is proper cutting speed. Any ideas on what could be going on?
tripower is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-05-2019, 04:56 PM   #2
JUSTA MEMBER
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Central Wyoming
Posts: 13,031
Rewards Points: 1,028
Default

Re: Chainsaw stalling at full throttle


Restricted air flow, or fuel flow.

Inspection is warranted.


ED
de-nagorg is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-05-2019, 05:24 PM   #3
Member
 
Oso954's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Northern Calif.
Posts: 8,372
Rewards Points: 642
Default

Re: Chainsaw stalling at full throttle


Did you adjust the carburetor ?

Husqvarna ships their new saws with limited rpm for break in. They recommend that you have a tech adjust the carb after 10 tanks of gas.

IDK, but they may ship the replacement carbs with the same adjustment as the new saws.

If you want to try adjusting it yourself, there are a set of instructions here.
https://www.hunker.com/12384628/how-...rna-carburetor
Oso954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-05-2019, 06:48 PM   #4
Member
 
CodeMatters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,676
Rewards Points: 7,346
Default

Re: Chainsaw stalling at full throttle


Quote:
Originally Posted by de-nagorg View Post
Restricted air flow, or fuel flow.

Inspection is warranted.


ED

Gee, do ya think? lol
Nealtw likes this.
CodeMatters is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 09:10 PM   #5
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 387
Rewards Points: 356
Default

Re: Chainsaw stalling at full throttle


Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeMatters View Post
Gee, do ya think? lol
my thoughts exactly.
CodeMatters likes this.
tripower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 09:11 PM   #6
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 387
Rewards Points: 356
Default

Re: Chainsaw stalling at full throttle


Quote:
Originally Posted by Oso954 View Post
Did you adjust the carburetor ?

Husqvarna ships their new saws with limited rpm for break in. They recommend that you have a tech adjust the carb after 10 tanks of gas.

IDK, but they may ship the replacement carbs with the same adjustment as the new saws.

If you want to try adjusting it yourself, there are a set of instructions here.
https://www.hunker.com/12384628/how-...rna-carburetor
The carb was aftermarket. i think I am sending it back it is not very well made IMHO.
tripower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 11:02 PM   #7
JUSTA MEMBER
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Central Wyoming
Posts: 13,031
Rewards Points: 1,028
Default

Re: Chainsaw stalling at full throttle


Quote:
Originally Posted by tripower View Post
The carb was aftermarket. i think I am sending it back it is not very well made IMHO.
Often aftermarket stuff is a junk copy of the REAL thing.

You might be wise to return it ( if they accept it), and get an OEM unit.

I realize that the price will be enormous, but if it works right, worth the cost.

And good luck with your saw.


ED
de-nagorg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 10:07 AM   #8
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 387
Rewards Points: 356
Default

Re: Chainsaw stalling at full throttle


Quote:
Originally Posted by de-nagorg View Post
Often aftermarket stuff is a junk copy of the REAL thing.

You might be wise to return it ( if they accept it), and get an OEM unit.

I realize that the price will be enormous, but if it works right, worth the cost.

And good luck with your saw.


ED
Your insight is just stunning....
tripower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 12:56 PM   #9
Usually Confused
 
lenaitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Central Ontario, Canada
Posts: 5,563
Rewards Points: 684
Default

Re: Chainsaw stalling at full throttle


Check the muffler screen. They can get clogged with carbon and prevent the engine from breathing.
__________________
_________________________________________
Sic Itur ad Astra
lenaitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 04:37 PM   #10
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 4,917
Rewards Points: 4,988
Default

Re: Chainsaw stalling at full throttle


Try adjusting the choke and see if that helps.
ron45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 08:55 AM   #11
Too Much DIY!
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Ohio
Posts: 277
Rewards Points: 554
Default

Re: Chainsaw stalling at full throttle


Virtually any small engine I have worked on (weed eater, chainsaw, hedge trimmer, etc.) needs a hi-speed jet adjustment on the carb when this behavior occurs.

Just my $0.02.
de-nagorg likes this.
m_ridzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Top of Page | View New Posts