Air In Gun When Clear Jammed Nail In Pneumatic Air Framing Gun Nailer? 1 Shot Safety? - Tools - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Equipment & Safety > Tools

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By jlhaslip
  • 1 Post By woodworkbykirk

Old 02-17-2017, 05:33 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 192

Air in gun when clear jammed nail in pneumatic air framing gun nailer? 1 shot safety?

suppose I get a nail jam in a pneumatic gun. If I disconnect the air hose, is there still air in the gun (or any other pneumatic tool like a grinding wheel etc)? If there is still air in it, is there a way to bleed it out without attempting to shoot the gun with a nail jammed in there?

also, suppose I have the gun on single shot mode, if I hold the trigger and then push the nose down, will it shoot, or it would only shoot in bump/rapid mode if that's done?
gunner66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2017, 05:55 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 708

Re: Air in gun when clear jammed nail in pneumatic air framing gun nailer? 1 shot saf

By Law (or OHSA Regulation?), the air should drain from the gun when the air hose is disconnected, otherwise the potential for injury is there. Makes sure the gun has the open MALE end on it and you will be fine.

Single shot mode "should" not allow for a bump fire. If it does, and I suggest you check every so often, the trigger is broken and needs to be taken out of service until repaired. Only rapid fire mode should allow a bump fire.

Single fire mode requires the nose switch to be depressed prior to the trigger or else it is broken.

*edit*

And ALWAYS disconnect the air supply before attempting to clear a jammed gun.
landfillwizard likes this.

Last edited by jlhaslip; 02-17-2017 at 05:59 PM.
jlhaslip is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2017, 07:45 AM   #3
journeyman carpenter

Rewards Points: 1,578

Re: Air in gun when clear jammed nail in pneumatic air framing gun nailer? 1 shot saf

the tool has back pressure on it within the line going up through the handle.... pulling the trigger opens a valve which lets the air into the nailer head / motor..... as soon as you disconnect the hose the air will come back out though the male fitting thats that hiss / pop sound when you disconnect
Californiadecks likes this.
woodworkbykirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2017, 06:39 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 1,066

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunner66 View Post
If I disconnect the air hose, is there still air in the gun?
Nope.
NotyeruncleBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement