York Home Furnace/ P3HUB16L08001A - General DIY Discussions - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Forum > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-14-2017, 03:57 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 2

York Home Furnace/ P3HUB16L08001A

I am working on an about 20 year old York home furnace. (Diamond 80 series)
My challenge is that after running normally in the morning, the main gas valve shuts off the flame before the house is up to temperature, and the blower fan continues to run, eventually blowing cold air. Usually runs for 45 minutes to an hour. I have to turn off the wall switch next to the furnace, wait for the blower to stop, and then turn on the switch, and the furnace will return to normal operation. Sometimes takes two to three of these cycles to achieve normal house temperature, then the furnace seems to cycle through normal program for the rest of the day. Furnace fires up next morning, (program), and again runs 45 to 60 minutes before shutting off main gas valve. Repeat process every morning.
I replaced the flame sensor, thinking that it wasn't sending a good signal, but no change. Hoping for help. Thanks, Tom
#Yorkchallenge2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2017, 05:43 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 1,380

Re: York Home Furnace/ P3HUB16L08001A

check for an error code. it's prob your high limit tripping.

after tripping a lot they can get stuck open so the blower just runs and runs without heat.
I am not in the business of any trade I give advice on. I have non-professional hvac experience + good knowledge of theory. Attempt repairs at your own risk. Never jump out safeties - especially pressure switches - on a furnace for testing with fuel supply on; use a meter. Do not troubleshoot with live line voltage present unless there's no alternative.
user_12345a is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to user_12345a For This Useful Post:
#Yorkchallenge2 (12-14-2017)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement