Vinyl Floor Tiles In Bathroom - General DIY Discussions - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Forum > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Msradell

Old 01-07-2017, 10:53 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 2

Vinyl floor tiles in bathroom

Hi all. Brand new here. I am fixing to start renovations on our bathrooms. We like the look and price of peel and stick vinyl floor tiles but are concerned about water accidents in the bathrooms causing the tiles to pop up. I have researched groutable vinyl tiles but I haven't found a color I like in 12x12 size. However, I have found ones I like that are not advertised as groutable. The ones that are groutable are much thicker than the ones that are not.

So. I am wondering if I can use the ones I like that are not groutable, and use caulk inbetween them instead of grout. Is there any good reason not to lay the stickables down with a 1/8 gap that I fill with waterproof caulk? Seems to me that would solve my problem?

Thanks for your thoughts.
blondienatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2017, 10:26 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 976

Re: Vinyl floor tiles in bathroom

Using caulking between vinyl tiles is a terrible idea. More than likely over time it will become stinging to even begin to grow mold. Peel and stick tiles aren't really any good for that type of application either, they are basically only good for basements or something like that. You might just as well do it right the first time or you will be doing it again in a few years.
joecaption and 123pugsy like this.
Advertisement

Tags
bathroom flooring , caulk , grout , vinyl tiles