Removing Delta Tub Faucet - General DIY Discussions - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Forum > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-12-2019, 12:27 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 61

Removing Delta tub faucet

Hi,

I have a Delta tub faucet which would have been installed in 1994. I am 99% sure the model is 2710 as it looks just like this:

https://media.deltafaucet.com/PartsD..._2710_2711.pdf

The entire faucet assembly is kind of loose, so I wanted to remove the faucet trim it to see if there is anything I can tighten without having to gain access to the underside of the tub (that would require removing tiles or possibly gaining access through drywall in another room). I removed the set screw on the back of the faucet, but I was not able to pull the faucet off with a moderate amount of force.

I called Delta, and the lady I spoke with told me that it is not possible to remove this faucet trim kit without accessing the underside. She said it was due to the way the gasket is mounted. In looking at the PDF (link above), this does not make sense to me as it looks like the gasket is simply clipped on to the trim with two small clips.

I am not sure how the anti swivel screw is mounted though, so maybe that is what she was referring to.

In any case, has anyone here removed a faucet like this before? Do I truly need to access the underside, or is it possible that I need to use more force to remove it?

If I need to access the underside, then what is the point of the set screw on the back of the faucet trim?

Thanks in advance!
voodoochile is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2019, 04:58 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 6,030

Re: Removing Delta tub faucet

Show us a picture.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2019, 05:03 PM   #3

Here are two pics to go along with the PDF link provided in the original post
Attached Thumbnails
Removing Delta tub faucet-img_4394.jpg   Removing Delta tub faucet-img_4393.jpg  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2019, 09:41 AM   #4

In case anyone in the future is searching with a similar issue - the spout did come off from the top, but required quite a bit of force (I was afraid of breaking something). I will have to say that being told by the Delta rep that it was not possible did not help....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement