Paslode Cordless Problem - General DIY Discussions - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Forum > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-08-2015, 08:06 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 260

Paslode cordless problem

My IM250A 900600 was trouble free until yesterday when the drive blade won't retract full. I push the blade in full then I get one or two nails, then the nailer fires but no nail. I look again and the tip of the blade is over the nail.
I haven't checked the blade, but I used new can of fuel.
Searching for info, I found that there is a "mid-check" area where there is an o-ring that must be replaced. I think this is a Sleeve Assembly in the paslode parts diagram.
The disassembly info must be still copy righted or something. Plenty of info about the framer but none about finisher.
Can anybody help? If it is copy righted, just point me in the direction? For example, must the nose and trigger come out before the chamber body? Even if it is info about some special tool (so it is not diy)?
Thanks in advance.
carpdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2015, 09:32 AM   #2

Also, paslode nailer cleaner - is it glorified brake cleaner? Maybe MAF cleaner?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2015, 03:38 PM   #3

Since nobody knows, I'll just post my final thoughts, if it'll help the others in my shoes.

In Amazon, I saw a framer knock-off, which probably means paslode invention rights (forgot the word) is over. Finish nailer probably isn't far off, and this could mean Paslode production will end, or the price drop. If price drops, paslode almost becomes a disposable tool, considering its repair costs. I probably will not upgrade with the same brand.

Going by the parts diagram, and found out that the combustion chamber moves and is attached to springs. This means that the nailer body has to be removed to get at the inner parts and I can't find any info on how all parts sit on or around the body. I can see 2 bolts of 4 for the mid-check area through the exhaust or intake holes near the nose. The black half ring on the nose has 3 bolts and that may be all it takes, but I am not going that far yet.

Actually, my fuel is out of date. Will try with new cell, after new cleaning and oiling. Decided I'll pay for paslode cleaner. Have the oil, although little old.

If all of that does not make it work consistently, I think I'll get Senco or some light weight compressor/hose for the finish nailing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2015, 08:59 AM   #4

It was the old fuel cell.
If the nailer breaks, I will take it apart and post some notes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement