I wasn't sure if this should go in the electrical section or the HVAC section, so I just dropped it here in the general section.
This outlet box was screwed to a scrap piece of 2x4 and the 2x was then glued to the chimney stack. The adhesive eventually gave way and fell off the stack.
Can I use some short Tapcons to attach the box directly to the chimney? This stack is the vent for the hot water heater and the furnace. Any issues doing it that way? Dumb question, but should I be concerned about carbon monoxide getting in or anything like that?
Btw, ignore the cut copper pipe. It was for an old water softener that I removed.