Ideas For Painting Or Covering Foil Faced Insulation In Basement - General DIY Discussions - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Forum > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-18-2016, 01:01 AM  

Rewards Points: 2

Ideas for painting or covering Foil Faced Insulation in basement

My wife and I had a house built recently but did not have the funds to do anything in the basement. The walls are covered with that foil faced insulation and I am looking at inexpensive, easy ways to cover them to look more like a finished basement. I am acid staining the floor so covered there. Can you perhaps paint the foil insulation? Any sticky like fabric or wall paper that can be applied? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. thank you! Andrew
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2016, 01:13 AM  
Exterior Construction

Rewards Points: 6,542

Re: Ideas for painting or covering Foil Faced Insulation in basement

Foil faced as in rigid of batt insulation?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2016, 07:14 AM  

Rewards Points: 248

Re: Ideas for painting or covering Foil Faced Insulation in basement

I found cheapest largest canvas (homedepot I think) and covered the floor temporarily. The floor has vinyl tile glue and it dissolved with water but impractical to wash. Canvas you can paint but on foil, it will flake off.
But drywall is fairly cheap. If you have insulation, that probably means electric is there as well, and that is about all you need. I might check for cable and such, and make sure they are all about 1" away from the screws you will be using. Fire blocks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
foil insulation