Futon From Hell - General DIY Discussions - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Forum > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By hkstroud

Old 10-20-2016, 07:01 PM   #1

Futon from hell

Hello all. About 6 months ago my dad and I went half and half and purchased a futon. It was meant for my mom when she'd visit and my back problems and pain seem to subside when I slept on it. The thing is my dad didn't assemble the futon straight away and when he did the problem now, to fix it is daunting. The futon tilts forward when getting up from either a sitting position or sleeping. Been using a milk crate under it so I can sit sometimes. I will absolutely not sleep on it. My boyfriend and I tried placing storage bins under each side to see if it fixed the problem. It just sinks in at the middle and makes it uncomfortable for anyone to sleep on it. My dad didn't use the instructions to assemble it thinking it didnt come with instructions. Big mistake. I just happened to find them last week because of my cats snooping and the closed bag with wrench and something else I forget the name along with instructions, fell on the floor. My dad is getting surgery on one shoulder and my boyfriend wouldn't know what to do with a tool even if you give him instructions. I love fixing things but do not know how to go about doing it. Im already thinking a drill and wood but need help. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Gothikachic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2016, 09:05 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 6,098

Re: Futon from hell

My suggestion would be to read the instructions to find out how it should have been assembled. Compare that to how things were actually done. The tool would be some tool that is need to tighten some special fastener. Don't know what the something else could possibly be. Instructions will probably tell you how and where it is used.

Normally a drill and wood would not be needed to assemble purchased product such as a futon.

You could always read the instructions, disassemble the bed then reassembly it following the instructions. Hope that nothing has been damaged.

You could post the instructions and a picture of the bed and maybe someone could assist you
Msradell and r0ckstarr like this.

Last edited by hkstroud; 10-20-2016 at 09:07 PM.
hkstroud is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2016, 09:39 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 2,807

Probably a hex key.

See if there is a tech support number on the instructions. Maybe it's a common problem.
mathmonger is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement